RF-7 mod & Reference IV

Impedance dips at 100Hz and 10kHz. I drove mine with all kinds of tube amps and never had any problems -- they always delivered the goods.

What is this stuff about a modded RF-7 sounding like a Reference IV speaker -- please don't use drugs while comparing loudspeakers. :)

What is this stuff about a modded RF-7 sounding like a Reference IV speaker -- please don't use drugs while comparing loudspeakers. :)

Sorry for the offensive remark Dean. I didn't compare them side by side, in fact they were in totally different environments but my comment was in reference to the smooth high end of the modded RF-7 vs the RF-83, especially if you drive the RF-7 with a tube amp.

I took Dean's commet as this, "What is this stuff about a modded RF-7 sounding like a Reference IV
speaker" = That he's agreeing it sounds simular. And "please don't use drugs while comparing loudspeakers" = It's not just all in your head. I thought he was just making a funny about it all, maybe I'm reading it incorrectly? I've heard others say the RF-83 is very simular to a modded RF-7. That's why I didn't upgrade to the RF-83, for myself, I really like the sound of the RF-7 better than the RF-83 for my taste after I went between the two comparing them. If you like more presence....you will like the RF-7. If you like it more refined sounding, you will like the RF-83. Both sound good.

I took Dean's commet as.....That he's agreeing it sounds simular...

I respectfully disagree SkyDover. I believe he is saying they shouldn't be compared so closely. That a modded RF-7 sounds noticably different from an RF-83.

Thanks for all the comments, and keep them coming.

• 1 month later...