KPT-484-sw photos

carlthess40

The KP-4000 does not use the same driver as the 684.

The KP-4000 is a "rat-fur" covered, OSB cabinet with a K-49, 4 ohm woofer with 15" passive.

The KPT-480 is a plywood, ported cabinet that also uses the K-49, 4 ohm woofer. The cabinet is physically half of a 684.

The KPT-684 uses 2 K-47, 8 ohm woofers, wired in parallel or bi-amped.

Two KP-4000 in parallel would present a nominal 2 ohm load to the amp.

(I think I did that all correctly . . .)

Edited by bhendrix
  • Like 1

Good synopsis Bill, a few additions if I may?

The single ported 18 is a KP484. To me it looks deeper than a 684, I'll measure them up.

I don't think you'd internally bi-amp the KP684 as it is two 18" woofers, you could modify the internal jack cup so you could use a 4 conductor plug to carry LF to the sub and through-put HF for the top cabinet, which is the mod I did on my KP682/362 rig.

Add in the old portable KP682 rig to the list. It's a 684 in 'battle dress' with corners, two wheels, two handles (so it tilts back and becomes it's own cart), metal grille, big rubber footies, and NL4 connectors. No longer in production.

BTW, the 4000/480 are nearly the fart machines that the KP115 is imho. Can't wait to get these two KP484's hooked up at the theater where I work!