what reciver should i get

zippty2001

i am looking at the yamaha RX-v1900 or onkyo TX-NR807 mostly for music metal country just wanted to know what people tthought about the 2 and what one is better i will be upgrading from a pioneer elite 43tx and i love the sound but can't get an elite this time around so i guess i am looking for the one that will sound the closest to the pionner in music if thats possible

thanks for any help

Zippty2001,

What is your budget? I take it that you want a very musical receiver. I just moved my Onkyo TX-SR705 to my bedroom because I found a NAD T-773 which is a more musical receiver. Very neutral/warmish with plenty of low end slam and great detail. Marantz receivers also can be described that way. For the price of the Yamaha or the Onkyo(which by the way are great also) you could get one of these:

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MARSR8002/Marantz/Sr8002-Receiver-Thx-125w-X-7ch-Hdmi-Home-Theater-Surround/1.html

The 8002 is the current Marantz flagship receiver which the msrp is $2000.00.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MARSR7002A/Marantz/Sr7002-Receiver-Thx-110w-X-7ch-Hdmi-Home-Theater-Surround/1.html

They also sell the Onkyo TX-SR807 for a great price if these are too much.

Bill

thanks for the help but its got to be from newegg so thats the place i am looking

so if you want to look at what thay offer and make any suggestions that would be nice i was looking at the new pioneer and last years pioneer but i dont know much about them..

will the non elite still have the elite sound thanks

thanks for the help but its got to be from newegg so thats the place i am looking

My bad. Either one of your two choices are your best bet from Newegg. I have had Onkyo's and find them to be very reliable, great HT, good for music, very user friendly. I have no personal experience with Yamaha but Youthman loves his RX-V1800 and Clermontcop loves his RX-V2700. For what it is worth, clermontcop likes his Yamaha RX-V2700 better than the Onkyo TX-SR806 he had before.

will the non elite still have the elite sound thanks

I do not think the non-elite Pioneer receivers are on the same level as the Onkyo or Yamaha you are considering.

Bill