Cool Toy

CECAA850

• Moderators

I've got one of the real ones in a museum about 10 minutes from me. They only let me take it out during times of grave national emergency.

Thebes.................Marty Thebes.........Agent 008........[:P]

CECA,

Thanks for posting that!

That was wicked, working landing gear and all. I wonder what terminal velocity is with that twin ducted fan settup?

Roger

That's not ducted fan; it has actual turbine engines. REAL turbines @ 5 inches in diameter can be had for around $2k each. Some of the newer ones produce as much as 40 lbs of thrust (no for $2k, though!). Some approach 300 mph.

see, we let other country know of our toys and they start making scale models of them......not happy about this haha. That is the koolest rc plane i have ever seen, the fact that it has real turbine engines too, im dumbfounded someone actually was able to make that.

CECA,

Thanks for posting that!

That was wicked, working landing gear and all. I wonder what terminal velocity is with that twin ducted fan settup?

Roger

That's not ducted fan; it has actual turbine engines. REAL turbines @ 5 inches in diameter can be had for around $2k each. Some of the newer ones produce as much as 40 lbs of thrust (no for $2k, though!). Some approach 300 mph.

40 pounds thrust on a real turbine doesn't sound like much? How much do you figgure he has in that entire rig as shown??

Roger

I worked fro these guys in Chattanooga for a while doing computer support. All the work was for government contracts. This engine was done for us through a Dutch company IIRC. 150 lbs of thrust at sea level. It is just over 8 inches in diameter and 15 inches long. The first model we had it in would do over a 100 mph. Airframe design by our company and built out of carbon fiber. Very stealthy in flight.

http://www.accurate-automation.com/w_content/images/d/db/At1500brochure.pdf