What's a good bang for buck set of subs (2) for Quartets?

alkemyst

I am thinking the sub 12 now. I almost bought one when they were new. I don't really need a sub for music. This would be almost entirely dedicated to HT.

I saw these for as low as $125 local pickup. I couldn't build one for that. Maybe get one now and later reuse the amp for a deeper build if I need it.

Pulled the trigger on the Emotiva Ultra 12. I was looking at the 'crowd favorites' STF2 and A2-300 but they would be more money or larger or possibly not as friendly with music. My room volume is about 2000 cu. ft. so nice, but not too crazy. If this doesn't work out I am sure I can sell it for close to break even and move up to a serious sub closer to $1000 and take the WAF hit.

My dad also picked up one to go with his Chorus II's and Academy in a room around 2700 cu. ft.

Have my Sub cable and Y adapter already coming from Monoprice :)

I still want to build some risers...does anyone have a link / how to for Quartets or similar speakers?

Thanks

Only did a quick watch of WALL-E and my AVIA disc since I was on lunch, but it sounds really decent.

I have the reciever set at 80Hz and anything over 3.5 volume on the sub gave me a warning of "SUB LEVEL TOO HIGH".

I am happy.

Should I continue to run LFE to my Quartets as well? I can set it to Sub only, Mains only, or Both.

Only did a quick watch of WALL-E and my AVIA disc since I was on lunch, but it sounds really decent.

I have the reciever set at 80Hz and anything over 3.5 volume on the sub gave me a warning of "SUB LEVEL TOO HIGH".

I am happy.

Should I continue to run LFE to my Quartets as well? I can set it to Sub only, Mains only, or Both.

I am not sure about your receiver settings (sub level too high). I assume this is auto calibration of some sort?

I am using mine with the beloveds set to small, and crossed at 60hz. (LFE to sub only).

Of course, I will continue to experiment.....

You should listen to some music...... The sub seems to really shine there.