Best Sounding CD or LP in your collection...

gaspr

I listened to this one the other night........

414EK4K306L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I mean really listened! The lights were out, all the table fans and A/C were turned off, my recliner was in the full recline position ( I know, maybe not the best position for critical listening) and I got into this half conscience state of mind/being.......and WOW, the room seemed 10' wider and 30' deeper. The Clarity, Soundstage and Dynamics were just amazing.

When it was over, I needed more! But I needed to be up early that next morning, so I just played the first song "Waters of March/Agua De Beber" again. I ended up listing to the whole album again, it just sounded like I was there with them LIVE! I highly recommend this CD!

Eliane Elias Plays Jobim, 1990 Blue Note Records CD: [Y] [Y]

Dennie

PS I woke up on time and made my appointment! It was so worth losing the hour of sleep to hear it again! [C]

I guessing that the best sounding CD I have in my collection has to be:

Vox Tempus - In the Eye of Time:

519GHKGpPvL._SS500_.jpg

This album is so clean and detailed, plus the dynamics are just incredible. I am sometimes amazed at what these tiny labels can do with the recording.

Okay Steve, this is one I'm going to check out.... All new to me....

I guessing that the best sounding CD I have in my collection has to be:

Vox Tempus - In the Eye of Time:

519GHKGpPvL._SS500_.jpg

This album is so clean and detailed, plus the dynamics are just incredible. I am sometimes amazed at what these tiny labels can do with the recording.

Okay Steve, this is one I'm going to check out.... All new to me....

I think you'll really enjoy this. Comes off sounding like Styx meets Dream Theater in my listens. Kinda funny story how I got my copy. I bought my copy back in 2004 when it was brand-new, directly from the band when I met thier keyboardist (Eric Ragnor) at ProgPower in Atlanta. I even got him to sign it for me. I've never heard of these guys before but I figured I'd at least humour the guy and buy the album off of him and have him sign it. If I did not like the music, at least I'd still have a pretty cool souvonier, plus it was only $10. Imagine my surprise when I finally got around to actually listen to the thing! I was utterly blown away with what I heard! This has since become one of my "reference" disks. Apparently, they are still active, but have not heard of any new music from them, though.

I mean really listened! The lights were out, all the table fans and A/C were turned off, my recliner was in the full recline position ( I know, maybe not the best position for critical listening) and I got into this half conscience state of mind/being.......and WOW, the room seemed 10' wider and 30' deeper. The Clarity, Soundstage and Dynamics were just amazing.

I don't think I could do that. I mean turn the lights off. I'd wanna keep looking at the CD cover...[:$]

I don't think I could do that. I mean turn the lights off. I'd wanna keep looking at the CD cover...Embarrassed

Here's the inside and outside covers of "Bossa Nova Stories"......

Eliane-Elias-ra06.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIjSydrn4qUgtkFtYYwz6

Also....

ElianeElias.jpg

She's worth a listen, lights on or off!! [;)]

Dennie

• 5 months later...