Inception

mbr311

I've seen it twice since it premiered 5 days ago... easily my favorite film of the year so far.

It's definitely a must-see on the big screen, and with big sound.

Christopher Nolan has become my favorite modern film maker.... one of the few of whom I can say I can't wait to see his next film.

I saw this last Sunday & it is EXCELLENT!

You absolutely MUST pay attention to follow what goes on. I suggest laying off the soda & using the restroom before the movie...you don't want to miss anything by having to make an untimely run to the facilities...

I saw this last Sunday & it is EXCELLENT!

You absolutely MUST pay attention to follow what goes on. I suggest laying off the soda & using the restroom before the movie...you don't want to miss anything by having to make an untimely run to the facilities...

This is how I watch every movie, especially for the first viewing, and necessarily for a Chris Nolan film. I've been known to get distracted when I have a lot going on, but I can usually enter a hyper-aware state when viewing an much-anticipated flick, and "get it" the first time.

Having noted all of that, I needed a second viewing to "get" the first 20 minutes completely...

(In my small nuclear family, we always make sure we "go" before the movie - we made it through multiple theatrical viewings of all three Lord of the Rings films without having to leave the auditorium...)

We saw this Saturday night.

I can say I was interested throughout the movie.

I did not enjoy it as much as I had hoped. It was....... good; but not great for me.

(It reminded me of the series "Lost" in some ways; questions; more questions because of an answer; etc....)

No spoiler alert from me.... If you liked the series "Lost" you will love the movie.

(No black smoke in the movie though)......

[:o]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think the director (Christopher Nolan) would go along with making a sequel... he seems to have more artistic integrity than that.

...and before someone mentions his Batman films, the superhero movie genre is completely different, having been adapted from a serialized form (comics). Nolan's Memento and the Prestige are stand-alone stories, and Inception feels the same to me.