Recommend stands for RB-81's

jephdood

Yeah, I don't have the patience or woodworking skills to make my own stands.

I've checked out the two sites you've mentioned above already, as they're kind of the 'de-facto' place for this kind of thing... but maybe someone has found a hidden gem of a stand out there for a large bookshelf speaker like the RB-81... or, maybe someone knows a guy who's brother knows a guy that makes some really cool stuff in his garage or something.

jeph,

I bought these about 3 weeks ago for my set of Heresys(Yes, Heresys!). This was after I had mine elevated 12"with makeshift stands. Okay folks, I know many would consider it heresy to set them up off the floor, but it works for me. Anyway, right now this is the cheapest price on the web. They look GREAT, and very well made. Came with not only a set of adjustable spikes for carpet, but also a set of rubber pads for hardwood floors which I have and a set to sit the speakers on. I was wary of just sitting them on top of the stands without anchoring them some way, but they are rock solid. Did I say they look GREAT.

http://www.buy.com/prod/wood-fgh-12e-speaker-stand-wood-ebony-wood-fgh-12e-speaker-stand-ebony/q/loc/111/90144363.html

Randall

Edit: The only caveat would be, I would go for the 2-day shipping for 5.49 via FedEx.

The cheaper the better, but want something substantial and black finish.

Thanks!

About the cheapest stands you can get, which are amazingly effective, is to use cinderblocks. A plywood top can be easily attached for increased speaker stability, and the entire unit can be draped with your favorite cloth to make a very decorative, room coordinated, unit. The weight and concrete offer terrific acoustic isolation from the floor as well.