Is front height worth bothering with? If so, which Klipsch speakers to get?

Ont thing I left out is with a 9.1 system people use an 11.1 setup. If the room size is small to many speakers can cancel each other out and will be no better than a good 5.1 setup. Hope this is of some help. My setup:

Klipsch VC 25 center

Klipsch VF 35 front L/R

Klipsch VS 14 Front Height

Klipsch VB 15 surrounds

Klipsch satellite surround back in rear position (satellites from Klipsch HT 500)

Klipsch SW from HT 500

• 3 weeks later...

back to davidness.I have a Yamaha RX-V665 which has these sound features your talking about and for me I think they are just a waste of time. I tried all the settings and to me all it does is add varying degrees of echo and I usually only listen in the 7.1 mode.You so right about the sound not being crisp and coming from all different directions and I can't stand it.For total transparency I'm running a set of Klipsch 500 smalls w/ an 8in pwrd sub.

back to davidness.I have a Yamaha RX-V665 which has these sound features your talking about and for me I think they are just a waste of time. I tried all the settings and to me all it does is add varying degrees of echo and I usually only listen in the 7.1 mode.You so right about the sound not being crisp and coming from all different directions and I can't stand it.For total transparency I'm running a set of Klipsch 500 smalls w/ an 8in pwrd sub.

???? are you serious...front heights are the single biggest improvment...welll actuallly the wides.....why would this make the surrounds not crisp.....something is wrong there or you have a VERY small room. Regular 7.1 is a waste because you never here S.Back.