How many people here DON'T have a cell phone?

wuzzzer

I have a $10 no-frills phone and a $7/month no-frills plan from Virgin Mobile that I use only for emergencies. I don't give my cell phone number to anybody except family and trusted friends, with instructions that they only use it when all other methods of contact have failed.

So far the system works pretty well.

Same here, except that mine is a Trac Phone and I pay about $100 a year. If my cell phone rings......it is usually an ememgency! I do like the fact that I can get a tow truck if necessary. But I can't even remember the last time I used it. And I like it that way!!!

Oh and I have La Scalas! [<:o)]

Dennie

I hate them, well I mainly hate the way people use them. SO MANY important things to talk, text and twitter about.

Unfortunately, I have to carry a Blackberry corporate slave tether 24/7 and now, so company stuff won't be next to customer stuff in the memory, I will shortly be carrying two of the things. A little extreme since I get no signal at my house.

I was reasonably happy with my Nokia 'brick' phone of 9 years until it started sounding 'crunchy' due to dust that had gotten inside.

This new iPhone has had SIM difficulty twice, NO SERVICE many times, and I just don't need 200 texts and the ability to answer my email anywhere in the world. Took it to Apple store and told to make an appointment.

I'm ready to shuck it all. We got along fine before pagers and cell phones. I'm not gainfully employed so don't really NEED one. AT&T has been a constant source of aggravation. I don't need a $100 per month utility bill, would get more use out of a $9 NetFlix subscription (no I've NEVER done CATV).

Oh and did anyone notice that the audio quality SUCKS on most of these wireless devices?

Yeah I'm a stodgy old Heritage guy.

Good to know there are others.

M

as a follow up question ..how many of you who refuse to have a cell phone only own Heritage speakers? I started to see a trend between responses and signatures ..

Got me there :)But I'll have you know , I got some of dem der Pro Medias so I'm not all hippie stink !

NO SERVICE yesteday in a major city for about 15 minutes of driving across town. In addition to the NO SIM warnings. In addition to AT&T not being able to combine cell and internet billing for 6 months of phone calls.

I'm done. Going to AT&T store this morning, expect an arguement from them, made a 'reservation' at Apple store for this afternoon.

I expect security will be called before I'm done.

Bye, I'll probably be leaving AT&T which will also shut off my internet service for a while.

Michael

I could not live without my iPhone. I am on my second one. For work it is a huge help. I do need a mobile Internet connection with email access. The ability to make a VPN connection to work and then remote control a server or desktop is so helpful to me. When we travel the gps and other apps really help us get around in towns we do not know and find attractions or places to eat. I do understand those that just want a simple phone but they are out there.