Outside and loud

Coytee

Yep.... doing another movie tonight. Neighbor is picking the dvd since she couldn't get Don Knotts and The Ghost & Mr. Chicken. Guess we'll see what's up.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I've been setting up all day. Sweating like a pig right now so came in to cool off. Disconnected truck and seats are now in place. Should have waited to take that picture.

I had been listening to some Floyd out there BUT.... have been wanting to put Larry's great recommendation on outside, Dvorak's New World Symphony.

Set it on and during the first movement, sat in the seats (maybe 30' away?) and got my sound meter out. It was very hard trying to judge the impact of the sound, delay of the shutter and keep the camera focused on the meter AND trying to include the speakers. Ultimately....it didn't work so well.

Actually, as I look closer at that picture, I'm wondering if it might be 50 feet. I've got a tape measure. It's about 25 feet from the table to the screen location so it might be more than 50. I'll know later on.

post-15072-13819600450814_thumb.jpg

post-15072-13819618945162_thumb.jpg

This picture was taken as I was sitting in one of the seats. The pictures that came out, showing the stuff in the background, washed out the sound meter and the pictures like this one showing the sound meter, obscured the stuff in the background. I was trying to show the distance.

I know I saw this get into the red. I don't know if it peaked or not. The transients on this first movement were kind of quick and die down. Perhaps I should use something more steady... anyone want to hear pink noise at 115 db's?

Bruce (Kriton) is supposed to be coming over tonight. His wife is expecting within a week or so. I've not yet heard if she'll be here. I won't be surprised if she stays at home. I told him she can go into my house if it's too hot...or they can park their vehicle in the field and let her have some AC if need be. Otherwise, he's supposed to bring his daughter and they're going to pick blueberries and maybe stay for the show. He's been wanting to hear these MWM's for a while so this will be his chance.

post-15072-13819600452804_thumb.jpg

post-15072-13819618947102_thumb.jpg

I was planning on bringing my 2nd K402 out and put this setup in stereo. prior to doing that, I listened to the single 402/MWM and frankly, it sounded a WHOLE lot better with the double stack of MWM's. Good thing there as this allows me to only use a single amp outdoors and keep my other 402 from being dinged up. Right now, I'm only risking a single 402.

You can see the screen in the background. I need someone to lift the other side so I don't torque the frame. I just hope the 43,378 dogs that we have running around out here don't trot across the fabric with their toenails.... I'd be in twubble.

post-15072-13819600457048_thumb.jpg

post-15072-13819618951722_thumb.jpg

turned down the sun a little

You just reminded me of something.... I had the camera on matrix metering and it was washing something out...so I changed it to spot.

My monitor here at home is OLD (maybe 10 years?) It's a 21" CRT type and has probably lost some of its brightness. I notice when I see virtually ALL of my pictures here at home they look darker than they do at my office. (23" flatscreen)

Thanks for applying some sunscreen to make them look normal.

• Moderators

You're my hero.

Dtel, we waved on our way back from Perdido Key this afternoon where we frolicked among the tarballs and got in touch with our inner mullets at the Florabama Lounge.

Well thanks, the Florabama is a cool place, was this the weekend for the mullet toss ?

Did you contact Alliclaytor to see about that KPT-884 yet???

Yes (thank you!)

We're under discussions...however, that is really defined as am I able to get up there & get them. I'm working on that.

[Y]

Tell me this doesn't suck.

Cleaned up outside...got all hot and very sweaty again. Came inside to take shower....walked upstairs and it was hotter upstairs than outside. HUH?

Look at my thermostat and the stupid EMERGENCY HEATER is on...

WHAT?

sigh... somewhere during the day/evening... we must have blown something in a circuit board... I'm trying to reset the stupid thing right now but the heater came back on again.

Yes...the switch is on COOL.

This might just suck for a couple days

Did you contact Alliclaytor to see about that KPT-884 yet???

Yes (thank you!)

We're under discussions...however, that is really defined as am I able to get up there & get them. I'm working on that.

Yes

Richard,

Well now.... I have this buddy see.... and he swears by this stuff where you post on line about a load you need picked up and delivered.... says it's realllllly cheap / affordable...... ever heard of it?????????????? [6] [;)]

Roger

Well now.... I have this buddy see.... and he swears by this stuff where you post on line about a load you need picked up and delivered.... says it's realllllly cheap / affordable...... ever heard of it?????????????

Interesting. I have heard of something similar. I wonder if your buddy has the delivery guys cell phone programmed into his own cell phone, like I do mine?

[Y]

I don't recall what I wrote...but... after the show I was all hot & sweaty.

Went upstairs to take a shower and found that not only had the AC stopped working since my prior shower at 8:30 that evening, but... the auxillary heater was ON and the place was a freaking oven. Hit 100 degrees with all the doors/windows open up there.

I'm preparing to leave work right now as I type this to go home and meet my friendly Mr. SaveMyAssFromBaking AC repair man.

I don't think I'm too concerned about the cost...