REDBOX, pretty cool technology and cheap.

JL Sargent

If you've got the Android (and maybe the IPhone) you can get free rental codes for Redbox as well. The only problem with Redbox is the same problem with Netflix - they signed a deal with Time Warner where they can't rent out their titles until they've been out for a month. Kind of sucks, forces me to use ONDEMAND on DirecTV sometimes which is a rip off (4.99-5.99 for a movie).

If you've got the Android (and maybe the IPhone) you can get free rental codes for Redbox as well.

You can also get them emailed to you, unless they changed that. Then again I never used Redbox before, but my gf did from time to time for her son.

James

blockbuster has gone out of business in my area, the last of the two stores left just closed down.

After my first post I did have to go and see if there was still one near me. I found the one about 20 mins away, the kiosk is about 5 mins and at the gas station that I go to.

James

If you've got the Android (and maybe the IPhone) you can get free rental codes for Redbox as well.

You can also get them emailed to you, unless they changed that. Then again I never used Redbox before, but my gf did from time to time for her son.

James

James - Didn't know that, how do you sign up to get free codes emailed to you? Anyway, I guess I forgot they don't rent out blu-rays, but eh...sometimes you're just really bored, there's nothing on TV, you've done all the yard work and you need to watch a movie so its a pretty convenient thing to have access to.

James - Didn't know that, how do you sign up to get free codes emailed to you?

It looks like they are only doing it with text messages. I just asked the gf if she got any email codes and she said it stopped some time ago. It figures that it switched over to text messages.

If you sign up on-line, thru RedBox.com, you can get a text for a free movie on the first Monday of every month. It doesn't have to be an Android or IPhone phone for it to work, just check out the service carriers that it works with.

James

why don't you just watch movie on your iPad?

Seriously, I have Blockbuster Online. $22 per month, three movies at a time, plus one more each month. Recive three discs in mail, watch, take them to store, in the morning, two miles away, exchange for three more. Receive three more movies in the mail the next day, repeat cycle. Not quite perfect, but I can easily watch two movies a day all month long. Rated over 900 movies at Blockbuster.

There are 20 of their machines within 10 miles of me.

http://www.blockbusterexpress.com/kiosks/

I think physical distribuition is going away soon. Hollywood video stores are closing.

Downloads are where it is at. Pick several movies for tommorrow night, get home from work, watch one movie while another downloads in the background. Click on the movie - it sends a key to unlock it for one time viewing...

BTW, hate Redbox selections, only two or three good ones and I have already seen them all...

why don't you just watch movie on your iPad?

I am not sure how many of us have our Ipads hooked up to our surround sound. (I do not have an Ipad)..... (Does it have that capability?)

I do have my home PC hooked up and using my graphics card (tv connection) I watch blue rays and HULU.com on the 52" LCD.

It works very well, with using a wireless mouse and keyboard..... I guess the newer PCs have remote controls and such.....

WOW is technology advancing..... 20 years ago; Blockbuster was the fastest growing company on the planet.... now.... (as posted) physical distribution dying.

I have seen so many stores close......

WOW is technology advancing..... 20 years ago; Blockbuster was the fastest growing company on the planet.... now.... (as posted) physical distribution dying.

I have seen so many stores close......

Tell me about it! Within a mile of my place there where:

Two Blockbusters

Movietime

Hollywood Video

Today - all gone - not a single one them still around. There are plenty of Redbox kiosks around here. Just up the street, there is still this really cool local outfit that setup a drive-through rental thing. I've never used it, though, so I have no idea what the selection is like.

Just like when I moved here 17 years ago, there were something like four good record stores in this town. One small indenpendent outfit right downtown and three others in the mall. Today - all gone! The only place to buy CDs is in places like Best Buy or at Walmart or Target. Of course, none of them will have any of the music that I typically listen to from the bands that I would typically listen to. Of course, if you want to find something from the current pop-diva-of-the-month, they will have it. But I digress....

Seems like if I want to find the movies or the music that I am interested in, it will have to done on-line.