New Reference Line?

chise1

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie here, but I have been a long-term peruser of the forums. I'm looking to buy the RF-82 system and recently went to a local Klipsch dealer. While I was there, an employee of the store told me that their stock of Reference series speakers is dwindling because "a new Reference line is coming out later this year." I can't help but be skeptical of this being true, but if anyone has any information on the contrary, please speak up!

As an aside, it is not my intention to stir up any controversy or lead anyone to believe information that may or may not be only a rumor... I'd just like to know if anyone has any info about this matter [:D]!

Thanks,

Chris

I don't think I'd advertise a new line coming out if it were me. I'd wait till stock of the existing dwindled so I wouldn't have a lot of the "old" stuff piled up when people would naturally want the new stuff, or at least a deep discount on the discontinued stock. I haven't heard anything either though.

If there is a new line would it be similar to the RF 7 & or 83 models ?............ RF-7- ll Indifferent

I would think they'd push the Reference series toward the Paladiums with styling cues and filtered down technology. Maybe an RF-83 with 2 horns.

If there is a new line would it be similar to the RF 7 & or 83 models ?............ RF-7- ll Indifferent

I would think they'd push the Reference series toward the Paladiums with styling cues and filtered down technology. Maybe an RF-83 with 2 horns.

The Paladiums are 3 way,correct? So that would be like a previous poster said..... a new KLF series?

I have been thinking the same thing for some time. A reasonably priced 3-way(a la KLF-20/30) Reference line with real wood veneers and modernly stylish.

Just wishing.

Bill

I plan on picking up some Lascalas next month if the stars align, but they're not going in the living room. I've worked too hard to get the sound I want in there and I'm not starting over. In the past year, I've made a point of trying to hear as much Heritage stuff as I can and IMO, switching everything out from Reference to Heritage in my HT wouldn't be a huge step up in SQ. Different sound? Yes, better, I'm not so sure it would be (for me).

haha ...and here i was simply being snarky. if i were you, i wouldn't change a thing in that HT either. good luck with the LS's ..going to try those in the bedroom instead? if you still find heritage lacking in there, I'll sell you a sweet pair of RF-5's for $2200, delivered. :P

Long time reader. First time poster :P

Interesting Part first:

Called a store today about pricing on a 2x rf-83 / 2x rs-62 / rc-64 and they responded with, "The best we can do is $3199 (NIB) for the set. But you may want to hold off since there will be a new line to replace these in late August/early September." He said that he does not have any details at the moment but that he would call his rep monday morning and let me know what he can find out.

If anyone is interested I can post the store name after I make my purch (don't want to be snaked). To me this seems to be an unbelievable deal but they are listed as an authorized dealer on Klipsch's website so I shouldn't have anything to worry about as far as warranty or support down the road. I presented an e-mail from the 6ave "name your price" promo and they beat the offer 6ave laid out.

In the mean time I am probably going to make this purchase.

Boring Part:

After 6 months of trying to figure out what I want for my first real system I finally make the decision to fork over the $$ but now I am being teased with a new line!!! I REALLY would like to wait to see how the new line stacks up but I don't think I can pass this deal up...

I will post info from the sales guy monday if anyone is interested

Long time reader. First time poster :P Interesting Part first: Called a store today about pricing on a 2x rf-83 / 2x rc-62 / rc-64 and they responded with, "The best we can do is $3199 (NIB) for the set.

Welcome to the forum bheinz and I hope you were looking at 2 RS-62s instead of 2 RC-62s to run as surrounds. :)