New Reference Line?

chise1

Me too with the black dustcaps, it gave definition.

As with the the RF7 I think there is a general consensus with bigger means better and 10 inch sounds better than 8

Crossovers are different but I do not want to release that picture as that is the heart and proprietary klipsch.

Here's pics of my RF-5s.

Notice the dust caps? I loved the old look so I added dust caps on the new drivers. I like them this way.

I have the old crossover boards with the new designs modded into them.

Here's pics of the Cherry and Maple finishes.

post-24628-1381960074079_thumb.jpg

post-24628-1381961925962_thumb.jpg

that would probably make sense since the rf-83 are now defunct.

I'd like to hear the "corporate line" on the Reference series evolution. It seemed that it was headed one direction with the RF-83 style speakers and now is doing a 180 to the RF-7 style. I'm sure there's a good reason. In addition, what of the rest of the reference line, the underlings if you will. Will we see an RF-5 II, an RB 75 II etc? What of the current lower Reference offerings, discontinued as well? Inquiring minds.............................................

I was telling my wife about the "new line" and she said " do you really need new speakers?"

Me: "of course not I like buying usedstuff."

It'll be interesting to see what the new line might offer.

This will make the resale value of RF 7's and the likes go up in resale value.

Maybe I'll finally be able to get my hands on an RSW 15 II.

we'll see.

If they come out with a RF-7 II, hopefully they'll come out with a matching RC-7 II.

This is my first post to the community.

I just ordered a pair of RF-83s, RC-64 and RS-52s at a serious discount. I was told by my local authorized dealer that the "RF-7 Mark II" was taking the place of the RF-83 and RF-63 and that an "RC-64 Mark II" is also due in later this month. I didn't ask but assumed it would match the new RF-7. I was also told that all of the stuff "below" the current RF-83, RF-63 and RF-64 was going to remain the same. I guess you could call these new ones the Reference 4.5 series, as any changes appear to be limited only to the high end of the Reference 4 series and is not a complete overhaul like the Ref 4 was with some 20+ new models if I remember correctly.

That everything else is reportedly remaining the same seems a little strange though, as you can now get anything from the current Reference line at a significant discount.

My new speakers are scheduled to arrive Friday afternoon. My current amp is a Pioneer 919ah-k and my sub is an ED A3-300. I listen to as much if not more 2 channel than HT, and wanted something that would simply excel at both. My ears have become more and more critical to what I hear and I hope these speakers really deliver. From previous listening I know my ears prefer horns to silk dome tweeters.

It unfortunate that many of the recent "advances" in audio and video have been compromised by too much digital compression. My ears clearly detect too much compression and I did not renew the XM subscription that came with my car. My eyes have become critical of digital artifacts and I can't stand compressed HD, and thus find most HD and their associated TVs blurry and unwatchable. I still have my 1997 35" Mitsubishi reduced-curvature Diamondvision and I assure you that, even in SD, it has a window-clear picture very similar to that of the Pioneer 6020.

I'll take pics and give first impressions this weekend.

Wow! Your post explains exactly what I was going to ask... I was wondering if there would be a direct replacement for the RC-64.

Since saturday I had 2 different dealers who told me they had 83/64/62's in stock and were also offering incredible discounts (~35%). But tonight I went to both of them cash in hand and BOTH told me that the 83/64's quote "No longer exist" (must have both spoke to the same klipsch rep). One claimed not to know anything about the new line until I called it by name and the other told me that I have to wait until thursday for pricing of the new line....

Why does it hurt so bad when I sit down... :-P

• Moderators

But tonight I went to both of them cash in hand and BOTH told me that the 83/64's quote "No longer exist" (must have both spoke to the same klipsch rep).

Why did they back out on the original discounted price?

that would probably make sense since the rf-83 are now defunct.

I'd like to hear the "corporate line" on the Reference series evolution. It seemed that it was headed one direction with the RF-83 style speakers and now is doing a 180 to the RF-7 style. I'm sure there's a good reason. In addition, what of the rest of the reference line, the underlings if you will. Will we see an RF-5 II, an RB 75 II etc? What of the current lower Reference offerings, discontinued as well? Inquiring minds.............................................

Carl, let me know when you pick up a set and I'll come get your crappy old ones ..

Carl, let me know when you pick up a set and I'll come get your crappy old ones ..

What a nice offer, generous of you to take those old obsolete speakers off his hands. Wink

Wouldn't be the first time.......................don't get me started.

it's only because i'm insanely jealous. the RF-5's would serve as nice surrounds, no? :D

Yes they would. The RF-5 is an excellent speaker that holds it's own weight well. Very musical, hard hitting, detailed, excellence presence and sound stage. It's also one of the better imaging speakers I've listened to..

Yes they would. The RF-5 is an excellent speaker that holds it's own weight well. Very musical, hard hitting, detailed, excellence presence and sound stage. It's also one of the better imaging speakers I've listened to..

That was my experience as well with a pair that I used to have.

i have always wondered how do the rf-3 stack up against the rf-82? This new line is awesome! It means some people might be selling thier rf-63s and 83s. Also i like the idea of not having the black dustcaps. Its not that i didnt like the looks of them its that everyone finds the urge to push them in and i couldnt stand that on my speakers. Only mistake they made with the new rf-7 II is that they did not add a third 10'' driver.