New Reference Line?

chise1

From looking at the pictures of the new lineup it looks like Klipsch kept the same grill design (pegs vs. magnet) from the original RF7. Is this true? Not sure why they would keep that design with all the folks that complained of broken grill pegs. I must say I am not a fan of the 3/4 length grill and the feet layout. Just my .02, sorry.

• Moderators

From looking at the pictures of the new lineup it looks like Klipsch kept the same grill design (pegs vs. magnet) from the original RF7. Is this true?

Yes, it is still pegs, which have been beefed up for durability. Also, the main issue with the original peg-breakage was due to people rocking them forward when moving or shiping them. With the 3/4 design, that problem is eliminated since the grille no longer goes to the floor.

I personally love the 3/4 look. Still allows the beautiful finish to show on the front for those of us with children who like to poke at speaker cones.

[:)]

Agrr, it SUCKS I that I can't see prices.

RF-7 II <br /> Floorstanding Speaker
$3,198.00 Pair (MSRP)

RC-64 II Center Speaker

RC-64 II Center Speaker

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/rc-64-ii-overview/' title="RC-64 II" class="sku">
$1,299.00 Each (MSRP)

WOW! those are some great looking speakers! I just might have to sell my horse, well maybe not. I now have a new goal[:P]

Looks like the RF 82 II has replaced the RF 5s, should have dropped the RF 82 II and made the RF 5 II.

The speakers look great, I still like the black dust caps better.

I'm interested in the new tweeters and crossover.

The RC 64 looks great, wonder how it will match up with the original RF 7's.

Why are there no driver model numbers?

Looks like the RF 82 II has replaced the RF 5s, should have dropped the RF 82 II and made the RF 5 II.

Actually it is the RF-63 which has been dropped. There still is a classic RF-5 available in the line-up, but I agree it would have been nice to see an RF-5 II.

The RF-82 II replaced the RF-82.

Actually it is the RF-63 which has been dropped. There still is a classic RF-5 available in the line-up, but I agree it would have been nice to see an RF-5 II.

The RF-82 II replaced the RF-82.

I understand where you're coming from, I was just thinking of the succession of the RF 7 series of speakers. It seems that everyone always looked at the RF 82 and the RF 5 as being equivalent speaker being they both had 2 8" driver. Seems like maybe klipsch caught on to this and used the cheaper design to generate some added profit (sheer speculation don't hate me) by using the RF 82 (II) as it's new design base.

I did notice the the RF 5 "classic" is still available but given the opportunity to purchase the RF 5s or the new RF 82 II , I think most people will choose the new speaker with the same driver design.

Let us know how those new speakers sound "TheEar" when you get your hands on them.

Then maybe a quick comparison of the new 7's and those lovely Palladium bookshelves you have.