New Reference Line?

chise1

• Moderators

I'm just used to the older style grill covering the whole front.

That's probably all it is. We tend to like what we are used to. Change is sometimes difficult for us to get adjusted to. You know how when someone gets a drastic haircut (like your spouse) and you are thinking, "Whoah, that's different". Of course what comes out of your mouth is "That looks great sweetie". LOL. But then after a few days that begins to be the "Norm" and you begin to prefer that over the old haircut.

The new RF-7II grills got a new haircut. [:P]

i think "sweetie" got a buzzcut going the wrong direction looks like a cheap speaker that couldnt afford to finish the remaining 1/4 grill maybe it looks better in rl but im not sold on the pictures, but i do wonder how they will stack against the 83 series

My guess is with the larger compression driver mated to a larger horn the highs will be crisper compared to the RF-83's warmer sound...Insofar as the grill is concerned, I have no opinion either way but wood veneer is more expensive than grill material.

For me, it wasn't as much as the feet being weird as it was the 3/4 grill cover.

EXACTLY was I was thinking. I personally don't dig the new look... But everyone has their own taste. I'm just used to the older style grill covering the whole front. To me, those don't look like klipsch because of the 3/4 grill. But I'm sure they sound great..

I agree,they may sound great but I don't dig the look.

I'm not used to the shorter look either buy you have to admit that the shorter grills should eleminate a lot of broken grills.

Moving the larger RFs one time will destroy the plastic grill frames and/or pegs. Logo housings seperate, yadda yadda yadda. I think it's a good move though It could have been a little longer imo.

I've moved my RF speakers all over the place and have never broken a grill pegs.

The only way i've ever broken grill pegs on my RF 5's is the dogs got a little rambonxious and knocked one over.

I however would really liked to have them been magnetic grills, it's nice if you do occassionally like to look at the woofers make music.

Why do the new Reference series weigh less than the older ones? The RC-64 is like 11lbs lighter, why?

Does anyone knows why the new II series speakers are lighter? Is it because the wood has been changed say from MDF to Baltic Birch or something on those lines?

The RF-7 Classic do say the Enclosure Type is MDF http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/rf-7-specifications/

Does anyone knows why the new II series speakers are lighter?

My guess is a combination of things, partly the different drivers, also notice the speakers dimensions have slightly changed as well and also the RC-64 had an added on plastic grill and baffling which covered the front which was not used on the RC-64 II.

rfbafffle.jpg

Hi all, just to introduce myself, I am a young french klipsch lover.

Has anyone noticed there are no visible screws on the horn of the RF7 II ?

Is there a way it could be unscrewed (like from the inside) or is it glued ? Because if it is glued, those who want to tar the horn will be...screwed (I know, this one was easy, but try to pun in french, not that simple !)

Yeah, you're probably right.

Otherwise, in terms of aesthetics, I did like the black dust caps and the extra aluminium on the woofers. It gave the three speakers a more or less squared shape, that I think was nice. The new moderate cherry veneer is quite attractive though. Would have been hard to chose between this one and the dark cherry of the Classic...

Hi all, just to introduce myself, I am a young french klipsch lover.
Has anyone noticed there are no visible screws on the horn of the RF7 II ?
Is there a way it could be unscrewed (like from the inside) or is it glued ? Because if it is glued, those who want to tar the horn will be...screwed (I know, this one was easy, but try to pun in french, not that simple !)

If you zoom in on the high-resolution picture of the RF-7 II it looks like there's a separate plastic trim around the horn. Its possible that this part might just pop off somehow and that it would expose screws underneath for the main part of the horn that houses the diaphragm.