New Reference Line?

chise1

WHEN DO THE NEW RF7II'S (CHERRY) START SHIPPING TO DEALERS? MY DEALER TOLD ME 1ST WEEK IN SEPTEMBER. JUST CONFIRMING.....

THANKS!

JW

My dealer told me that at first too. But then this week I called about putting a down payment on a set and said I wouldn't commit until he gave me a delivery date. Then he came back saying they wouldn't get to his store for potentially 45 days (from 2 days ago)...

I'll let you do what you want with that info.

Wow! The new RF7 II is gorgeous. Looks like it would hit like a 9 pound hammer! Personally, I really like the all copper cones much better than the black dust caps, and the 3/4 grill - it shows more wood, and wood is good. And I like the footers much better than the "toes" of the RF83/63 etc. I just wish they'd either put them all four out, like the back, or all four in, like the front. I guess that's getting nit picky. At $3198, it's awful close to cornwall III pricing, though. I wonder how the two would compare head to head?

• Moderators

I ordered a pair of the RF7II's today. I also have a pair of the Cornwall III's. I'll do the compare and post a review for sure! Big Smile

Good deal and Congratulations.

i would expect some similarities but like all Rf-Heritage comparisons there will also be differences.

This should be good ! [Y]

they look super nice.but the question is how do they sound compared to the speakers they replace? slightly larger woofer but one less woofer

and how do they stack up against the next higher line which the price is close to?

if the sound is close to rf83 it may be a good time to get the last 83's out there since the price is about 2/3rd the price of these. decisions decisions.

Hi,

I just got the Pioneer Elite SC-37 AVR and now I am in the process of getting the speakers to go with it. If I consider pair of RF-7 II (for LR) and RC-64 II (for center) which surround speakers will work better? RS-62 II or RB-81 II?

I will be using 4 surround speakers (7.2 setup) with 2 on the sides and 2 behind the listening area. I know most movies are 5.1 so the surrounds will be matrixed (I think I can do this in SC-37).

Reading an old article at http://www.hometheatersound.com/equi..._reference.htm I found the following text intriguing:
Side speakers are intended to have a null at the viewer’s ear, yielding a diffuse surround, while rear speakers are supposedly more directional.
So does that mean that I should be considering RS-62 II pair for sides and RB-81 II pair for backs? Or should I get RB-81 II all around? Or RS-62 II all around?

Assume that I have the budget to get 2 pairs of RS-62 II, if they are a better choice.

I am leaning towards RB-81 II all around because I think high frequencie sound is more directional which is primarily being used for surround channels and RB-81 II can be directed more easily because of their design?

Please provide your own personal experience and any relevant information to help me decide.

Thanks.
-Amit

I just got the Pioneer Elite SC-37 AVR and now I am in the process of getting the speakers to go with it. If I consider pair of RF-7 II (for LR) and RC-64 II (for center) which surround speakers will work better? RS-62 II or RB-81 II?

I will be using 4 surround speakers (7.2 setup) with 2 on the sides and 2 behind the listening area. I know most movies are 5.1 so the surrounds will be matrixed (I think I can do this in SC-37).

...I am leaning towards RB-81 II all around because I think high frequencie sound is more directional which is primarily being used for surround channels and RB-81 II can be directed more easily because of their design?

I have one row of seats in between my side surrounds with the rear speakers directly behind me and I prefer having direct radiating speakers in both locations with 5.1 material being matrixed to have a separate rear channel. Fwiw, I also have the RS-7 WDST as my "B" surrounds but I never use them. YMMV.

I ordered a pair of the RF7II's today. I also have a pair of the Cornwall III's. I'll do the compare and post a review for sure! Big Smile

Mind if I ask how much and or what dealer and when did they estimate delivery ? No one has them in my area except some ebay vendors are showing them in stock online . Feel free to pm me if you'd rather not post it , Thanks in advance : )

@Amy,

Or any other Klipsch employees, I would like to see some BOTTOM pictures of the RB-81 II to checkout how it can mounted. The description says that the mounting holes are at the bottom but there are NO PICTURES on the website. Also the RC-64 II shows the same image when you mouse over it (i.e. it DOES NOT show the maginified image) unlike RF-7 II etc. Also I would like to see some pictures of RC-64 II feet showing off its tilt capabilities?

Lastly, does anyone know if the RF-7 II feet (as shown on the website) are adjustable i.e. can I slide the back feet under the speakers like the front similarly are the front feet adjustable i.e. can I slide them out like the back feet? Basically I don't like the feet as they are shown in the picture and are trying to find out if all the feet can be in the same position i.e. tucked in or way out.

@All Klipsch Owners,

Does the Bi-Amping any Klipsch speaker (RF-7 II, RC-64 II or RB-81 II) has any effect or is it just another marketing gimmic?

Does anyone knows how to mount RB-81 II's on wall? Basically what kind of wall mount bracket do I need that will take a 2 1/4"-20 threaded inserts. I am looking at Omni Mount Pro 60.0 WBX http://www.omnimountpro.com/Product/Audio_and_Security_Mounts/Audio/WBX_Series/60-0_WBX/ but I am not sure if it is a match for the RB-81 II's mounting option. Can someone help?

Thanks

-Amit

• Moderators

I would like to see some BOTTOM pictures of the RB-81 II to checkout how it can mounted. ... Also I would like to see some pictures of RC-64 II feet showing off its tilt capabilities?

I'll see about getting you some more photos, and post them here.

Lastly, does anyone know if the RF-7 II feet (as shown on the website) are adjustable i.e. can I slide the back feet under the speakers like the front similarly are the front feet adjustable i.e. can I slide them out like the back feet?

The back feet were necessary to pass the strict "tip tests." If you do not care for the look (which they really are quite unnoticable in a "real" setting), they can be unscrewed, moved inward, and then screwed in again. But you're on your if they tip! [:)]