New Reference Line?

chise1

Does anyone know of their local dealers having these in stock yet? My dealer has been dragging me along since the end of July and I am about ready to give up...

sorry to hear that bheinz, what about the deal with worldwidestereo? if they aren't local to your area that would make up the difference since you have to pay tax and they have free shipping.

i'm close to biting the bullet on this one.

Does anyone know of their local dealers having these in stock yet? My dealer has been dragging me along since the end of July and I am about ready to give up...

sorry to hear that bheinz, what about the deal with worldwidestereo? if they aren't local to your area that would make up the difference since you have to pay tax and they have free shipping. i'm close to biting the bullet on this one.

<BR><BR>What is the deal you are referring to? I took a quick stroll through their site and didn't see any special deal. Thanks in advance for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

is this apart of the new reference line sw-311 subwoofer

No those are part of the new Synergy line. The new Reference line subs are not out yet but I think will be soon.

Excuse my error, I thought you were referring to the sw-350, I am not familiar with what the sw-311 is and it may indeed be part of the new reference line.

Yes the sw-311 is the new coming Reference sub to pair with the new RF-7 II

• 5 weeks later...

So I ended up getting the 5 channel rf II set from Audioholics thanks to a suggestion from another on this forum (thanks again[:)]).

I opted to get the rf-7 II & rc-64 II in cherry which look amazing. The center channel is much bigger in person!! When I unpacked it I put it on end next to my rf-63 and can say that this sucker could almost pass for a tower speaker if I didn't know any better.

I have about a week on these things and they seem to sound better every day that I listen to them. Tonight I did a crude A to B with the rf-7 II and the rf-63's. I am using a computer for source material so I can switch back and forth between the different speakers with a click. I am using a sunfire TGA-5200 for power.

Please don't scrutinize too much for the lack of technical detail as this is just a 'from the gut' comparison with only a few different types of music.

Prior to the rf-7 II's I have owned a pair of rf-63's for a couple months and have been extremely pleased with them. That said, by comparison to the rf-7 II's the rf-63's sound somewhat hollow like something is missing. I wouldn't say that the 7's reveal more detail in the music but they do seem much more accurate.As in the 7's are much closer to sounding like like live music and not a reproduction. The 7's also have incredible bass!! I have a few songs with slow/heavy baselines that I didn't really pay much attention before. At normal listening volumes with nominal bass settings I can feel almost as much as I can hear with these beaasties!

I did buy the rs-62 II's (also much bigger in person) as part of the package deal but can't say much about them right now. Tonight I set up the rf-63's as rears and am very pleased with the sound of this setup. They are definitely awkward in the rear of the room so this may not be a permanent solution..

Maybe worth mentioning, In some of the software I have there is a sub calibration program that runs from some higher freq >200 hz (not sure where it starts) down through 10 hz. Just for s&g's I ran this late last week and there was one small band on the curve which seemed to have been a resonance spike and another (lower in the curve) where the speakers almost went SILENT before finishing out strong as expected to some lower frequency >10hz. BUT, I ran this test again tonight and have found that the resonant spike is much less prevalent and the dead spot has all but disappeared. My hope (and suspicion) is that after a few weeks of usage these will become completely flat (well... as far as my ear can tell anyway). I can say that I have NOT noticed either of these during normal listening.

Long story short. These speakers sound amazing and I VERY pleased with this purchase.

Sweet congrats man !! Welcome to the RF7II family im glad your sharing the same feelings I am with my 7's cant wait to get the matching 64II : ) Now my next question is weres the pics !!!!! J/K but try to post them man I love looking at the cherry [Y] Yes they are amazing arent they and the bass is so tight and natural but hit Hard !!! And the detail along with crispness makes these speakers a winner . Next you got to pick up this bluray concert and you wont be able to wipe the smile off your face not that you can anyway [:P] Posted Image

Does anyone know of their local dealers having these in
stock yet? My dealer has been dragging me along since the end of July
and I am about ready to give up...

sorry to hear that bheinz,
what about the deal with worldwidestereo? if they aren't local to your
area that would make up the difference since you have to pay tax and
they have free shipping. i'm close to biting the bullet on this
one.

<BR><BR>What is the deal you are
referring to? I took a quick stroll through their site and didn't see
any special deal. Thanks in advance for any help!

Any info on these deals? Looking at getting back into the Reference line from the heritage line....

• 2 weeks later...