New Reference Line?

chise1

The RF-7 has a larger compression driver than the RF-83. Compared to the RF-83, I think the RF-7 is more dynamic and cleaner sounding. I would imagine they are going to go with the same P.Audio compression driver they used before. It also looks like they are going with the same type woofers that are used in all the Reference IV speakers. The surface of those cones is actually thicker than the woofers originally used -- it will be interesting to see what kind of sound Klipsch gives us with this new model.

I've read in several places around here that a modded RF-7 sounds like an RF-83. I couldn't disagree more.

Yes they would. The RF-5 is an excellent speaker that holds it's own weight well. Very musical, hard hitting, detailed, excellence presence and sound stage. It's also one of the better imaging speakers I've listened to..

That was my experience as well with a pair that I used to have.

That's been my experience with the pair I have now as well.

My nose is getting a little raw from all the rubbing. I'll get my digs in when I canDevil

I'm certain you'll understand the pleasure I'll take the next time you befall a bit of bad luckBig Smile

not only is it fair, it is expected. rest assured, should the day come I ever choose/need to sell you will be given first right of refusal.

....Only mistake they made with the new rf-7 II is that they did not add a third 10'' driver.

What!!! Surprise Fwiw, that would make them a foot taller and I don't think there are many any RF-7 owners complaining about their lower end. Wink

Adding a third 10 inch woofer would increase the bass, meaning the volume may go up but it will no longer go as deep (32 hertz)

Just remember the RF63 actually goes down deeper than the RF-83 just its not as loud or perceived as the RF-83

not only is it fair, it is expected. rest assured, should the day come I ever choose/need to sell you will be given first right of refusal.

Hmmmm 3'rd hand speakers, I'm sure I'd get a sizeable discount.

Especially with the knowledge of how much abuse that first owner put them through! [:P]

Especially with the knowledge of how much abuse that first owner put them through! Stick out tongue

OUCH Michael, how much did you pay this guy?

Especially with the knowledge of how much abuse that first owner put them through! Stick out tongue

I was on your side to help you get that sizeable discount. [;)] LOL

klipsch has re-engineered and is rereleasing the entire RF7/RF5 line, including the RC7, RS7, RT-12 offerings, etc. Effective immediately, all heritage lines have been shelved (rather, made into shelves) with no plans for future work. Apparently, they finally realized that good sound is in the reference line and that the heritage line (and all of its non-cell phone using fans) is entirely obsolete.

I was on your side to help you get that sizeable discount. Wink LOL

That's all well and good, but I was the original owner[:P]

I was on your side to help you get that sizeable discount. Wink LOL

That's all well and good, but I was the original ownerStick out tongue

I knew that [;)]

That's why you would have the inside information (about the first owner) to barter the price down. [:P]