New Reference Line?

chise1

• Moderators

Welcome bheinz. My guess is that if Klipsch is coming out with a new line, if they have something that will replace the RF-83, it will likely be more expensive. I love the RF-83 system and have no desire to "upgrade".

• Moderators

I never asked what was going on with those speakers in that pic, it could have been the re-issue or what ever it was called of the RF-7 ?

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/klipsch-classic-rf-7-overview/

I can say one thing the dark Cherry if VERY NICE looking, it is by far my favorite finish. Also the front is finished, so the grill can be left off and it looks great !

If there is a new line would it be similar to the RF 7 & or 83 models ?............ RF-7- ll Indifferent

I would think they'd push the Reference series toward the Paladiums with styling cues and filtered down technology. Maybe an RF-83 with 2 horns.

We must have the same crystal ball (mine's the ACME Futurama 2000) because mine is showing the same thing. I see tapered cabinets similar to Palladium but I think they might go 2.5-way crossover instead of 3-way. I'm eager to see them, whatever they are and whenever they are.

• Moderators

I tried to say it without saying it. [:P] I think it will have all new drivers if I remember correctly, is that right Jay ?

Jay send me an Email address. I found a couple of pic's you would want of Pensacola on a seperate memory card.

I got a call today from the dealer. He confirmed that he would have a set of rf-7 II's in his show room mid-August. He said MSRP will be higher than it was for the 83's. That is all he would give up.

Bad news is he said he can only get 83's in black... (*sound of heart breaking*)

I wonder if there are any other changes to the overall build, crossover, horn, it looks as if the drivers will be different.

Also curious as to why they went back to an old design, I understand it's a great design but did the 83 not do as well as the 7s?

Will they discontinue the RF 7's and RF 5 "Classics" and will they bring back the RC 7 or similiar ported center channel.

I still think that Black Dust Caps look sweet.

Me too with the black dustcaps, it gave definition.

As with the the RF7 I think there is a general consensus with bigger means better and 10 inch sounds better than 8

Crossovers are different but I do not want to release that picture as that is the heart and proprietary klipsch.

• Moderators

I still think that Black Dust Caps look sweet.

Silly enough, that was one reason that I preferred the RF-83's over the RF-7's were because of the black dustcaps. To me, the all cerametallic woofers gave it a much more modern look. The RF-7's are a great speaker and even though they don't have as much surface area as three 8" drivers, they still pound.

Crossovers are different but I do not want to release that picture as that is the heart and proprietary klipsch.

For those interested will new crossovers be interchangable with the older crossovers?

Maybe all the DeanG mods to the RF 7 inspired something at klipsch to redesign the x'over.

Hopefully the new XOs doesn't change the voicing too much, seems there's 2 parties in how the the 83's sound compared to the 7's.

Some like the laid back sound of the 83 and other's like the in your face sound of the 7's, for the sake of future owners I hope the 7's will have that "I can scream louder than you" mentality.

• Moderators

I don't know, all of this is just a guess.

Maby they didn't want to change the 83 model, they could make changes to an older model and bring it back easier without messing up the whole 83 line.

If I remember correctly the only complaints about the 7's were the top end was a little hot, with all new drivers and crossover that may be changed a little ?

It'll be interesting to see what they are trying to acheive. To me it seems it would have been easier to make changes to the 83 line as the already had production setup for it so minor tweaks or improvements could have been made more easily instead of redesigning a whole new speaker, either way it should be sweet to see.

So is the RF 83 , RC 64 and the likes going to be done, or are the bringing back the RF 7 IIs as a seperate speaker for 2 channel applications similiar to the heritage line?