Painting Heresy black.

I've not read quite such a helpful, beautifully worded and 'bang on' post in a long time, just wanted to comment if ya'll indulge me. Thanks Firefighter this one nails it! [Y]

I did the exact same thing that you are thinking about.

Sharing Experience, that's pretty much what we're here for.

I have a pair of black LaScalas for my fronts and decided to paint three Heresies for my center and surrounds. All I did was carefully sand the cabinets trying not to round off the corners or edges.

Good Point

I can't remember the type of paint that I used but it came from lowes and was out of a spray can. The condition of my speakers was 7 out of 10, so I had no grief about painting them

'nother Good Point'

I put four light coats making sure I had no runs in the paint and only painted once a day allowing plenty of drying time

Yep, don't get in a hurry

they turned out great and the finish matches the LaScalas. To the untrained eye, you would think they we all purchased as a group. As for value, like some have already said, it probably wouldn't be that big of a difference besides you're painting to use them not sell them and the real value is you doing what you want and enjoying them.

Simply Outstanding Point! - Top Notch in 'Bart-ese'

From what I see, there is no real shortage of Heresies,

That's pretty much the case, yeah.

I have 4 pair (don't ask me why, just know it gets addictive)

Yeah I kinda got that too mang. [:D]

and was able to pick which ones to paint. I would not paint a 9 out of 10. I would take the advice given here on how to do it, they know a lot more about painting than I do and try to get the same paint Klipsch uses. Good luck.

PS. If you are going to use them as surrounds and need stands, grinder stands painted black work great. I got mine from Harbor Freight Tools I think for $29.00 each.

never woulda thought of that but talk about heavy duty!

PS. If you are going to use them as surrounds and need stands, grinder stands painted black work great. I got mine from Harbor Freight Tools I think for $29.00 each.

Great idea for surrounds! One of these days I'm going to yank those Speakercrafts out of my ceiling family room!

Are these like the ones you got from Harbor Freight? Grinder Stands

Looks like they are on sale, too.