GO COLTS!

stormin

I'm still trying to digest they way the Colts went down in flames last year. I had them winning it all. Don't you agree that the way the end of the reg. season played out set them up on a bad vibe for the playoffs? How weird that was. This year they need to play to win every friggin game!

Payton Manning = Class act

I'm still trying to digest they way the Colts went down in flames last year. I had them winning it all. Don't you agree that the way the end of the reg. season played out set them up on a bad vibe for the playoffs? How weird that was. This year they need to play to win every friggin game!

Payton Manning = Class act

Agreed.

Everytime they decide to take it easy at the end of the season because they have clinched the playoffs so early trouble happens.

The Colts owner needs to let the players keep the throttle down. They should have and probably would have went undefeated and finally shut up those Dolphins.

Lets win them all Colts!

There are no Colts without Johnny U.

Thanx, Russ

Thats your opinion. The Colts reside in Indy. What that team did to the city of Baltimore has nothing to do with the player and class act that Peyton Manning brings to that team every year. He has done the Colts well and has also set the standards for perfection in the quarterback position very high.

Peyton has acknowledged time and time again how proud he is to be wearing the same colors as Jonny U.

In the end what Peyton has done on and off the field will put him along side Johnny U in the hall of fame and rightfully so.

So us Indy fans aren't taking the "bait" around here Russ.

Ever looked at the stats? 17 years for Johnny and 12 years so far for Peyton and really its very lop sided.

Career NFL statistics as of 1973
Pass attempts 5,186
Pass completions 2,830
Percentage 54.6
TD-INT 290-253
Passing yards 40,239
QB Rating 78.2
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2009
Pass attempts 6,531
Pass completions 4,232
Percentage 64.8
TD-INT 366–181
Passing yards 50,128
QB Rating 95.2

"Next Man Up".

The Colts went a long way with the injuries they had. It finally caught up with them. The Saints outplayed them and rightfully won the game.

I have to give the Colts credit for even reaching the SB last year with the depleted roster.

No excuses. They played well, got some good breaks, and went a long way.

Well done N.O. and the season starts in a couple of weeks again. I hope for a rematch of the two best teams in the NFL.

"Next Man Up".

The Colts went a long way with the injuries they had. It finally caught up with them. The Saints outplayed them and rightfully won the game.

"GO COLTS" is about much more than a "single" game. Its about a dynasty.

You can not compare the two eras when it come to offensive stats. The game then was play without all the rules that help the offense and quarterback. I would venture to say that very few quarterback of today could have physically survived the beating, the quarterbacks of the older era received. That is my personal opinion of someone who watched plenty of football in both eras.

You can not compare the two eras when it come to offensive stats. The game then was play without all the rules that help the offense and quarterback. I would venture to say that very few quarterback of today could have physically survived the beating, the quarterbacks of the older era received. That is my personal opinion of someone who watched plenty of football in both eras.

I follow that reasoning. But every lineman and defensive tackle wasn't on or didn't know the proper way to use STEROIDS as they do today.

When quarterbacks get hit today its from real animals.

I do say all of this with respect from both eras. They both had some great talents.

Johnny U was a great quarterback along with several others from years ago and there are some great ones of today.

GO COLTS!

Two of the biggest changes are roughing the quarterback and the five yard rule. In the old days there was no roughing the quarterback call the only call you "might get" was unnecassary roughness. As far as the reciever, as long as the ball was not in the air, they could get HAMMERED and knocked on their a** at any time. Those two changes have significanly changed the balance to the offense. Remember Terry Bradshaw once asking when are they going to put skirts on quarterbacks?

Cliff

I don't have a dog in this race but I've got to side with BigCliff on this one. There's no real practical way to compare players of different eras (in ANY sport) and come out with a clear cut winner. There's just too many variables.

Two of the biggest changes are roughing the quarterback.Cliff

Also known as the Tom Brady rule. I agree its getting ridiculous but this rule has only been enforced since Brady went down for a season 2 years ago.

Now the 5 yard rule of 1996 has opened up the field alot. But in defense of the new era the touchdowns that have been taken away from these great throws from some of the great quarterbacks of this era are crazy. It would be impossible for any ref to see some of this stuff that instant replay is taking away. At least they didnt have to deal with that. You can't scratch your A$$ without the review booth seeing it.

There's no real practical way to compare players of different eras (in ANY sport) and come out with a clear cut winner. There's just too many variables.

Agreed. Its just another diversion. The bitterness of defeat.

• Moderators

"GO COLTS" is about much more than a "single" game. Its about a dynasty.

With a "single" Superbowl win since 1972 ??? Roll-eyes

I don't really keep up with all the teams just mine and only wins/losses and watch the games that's about it.

For a while it looked like the Colts were going to be the next dynasty, they were winning every game almost all season last year, but toward the end of the season the wins were getting much harder and a few were a toss up. I don't keep up with the Colts but I watched a few games only because they were looking undefeated and I know a couple people from Indy and they would come here and watch some games.

As far as Peyton being a class act, I always thought so hearing everything about his family since he was a baby because of his Dad. But I was really disappointed with his actions at the end of last season, I have even seen interviews from a local camp for kids where he refused to make a comment. His Dad did the interview after Peyton rudely walked away after only saying no comment, his dad did not look happy about the situation and from his comments tried to excuse it as just being completive and upset about last season. Get over yourself !

I was very surprised, win or lose you should congratulate the other coach or team, you don't always see that anymore, it's sad, the sportsmanship is going down hill and it's all about the ego's and the money.

Good luck to whatever team you like, it's just a game, I think the fans care sometimes more than some players ?