GO COLTS!

stormin

"GO COLTS" is about much more than a "single" game. Its about a dynasty.

With a "single" Superbowl win since 1972 ??? Roll-eyes

I don't really keep up with all the teams just mine and only wins/losses and watch the games that's about it . . . . .

Same here. But I heard 'em talking on the radio about how the Colts are "the number one team going into the season" and the Saints are number two. Then the announcer added that the Colts have only won one Superbowl in the past ten years or so, and in their last Superbowl appearance they LOST to the Saints. So when Stormin started talking "dynasty" I took a minute to look it up. That's when I learned that the Colts had only two Superbowl appearances since 1972, winning one in 2007 and losing one in 2010,

115 regular seasons wins in the last decade something no other team can say or has achieved still classifies as a dynasty to me. YMMV.

That's with giving away several games at seasons end to rest up for the let down I mean playoffs. A proven no win strategy.

As far as comparing back in the day as in the 58 and 59 seasons when Johnny U won 2 championships there were only 12 teams which is a far cry from the 32 of today. Another reason the comparisons aren't really fair.

GO COLTS!

I love the game. I'm not too wild about many of its fans.

Anyway, it should be a good season. It was nice to have a SB with two exceptional people at QB. Brees and Payton (not Peyton) just had more "want to" that day.

It was that Jets game and questionable coaching decisions that took away the momentum from my team. They never fully recovered after that loss.

Better luck this year, although I can't afford to go see them any more. It's a rich man's sport, I'll just subsidize it with my tax dollars.

I love the game. I'm not too wild about many of its fans.

Payton (not Peyton)

Are you serious?

http://www.peytonmanning.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyton_Manning

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=roster

http://www.peytonmanning18.com/collegestats.html

And as far as the fan comment is that for folks that voice their opinions on many things about the players and teams or is it just the ones who turn over cars after a game and act like thugs? I've personally not had one negative thing to say about anyones team and have only had comments about my Colts.

I'm really starting to wonder about that "Southern Cooking"[;)]. So much hate coming out of the south except for sweet ole Alabama. This thread was all about GO COLTS.

Lighten up guys I'm not the enemy. Hate Katrina, hate BP, I'm just a dumb Hoosier who enjoys the Colts.

................. I'm really starting to wonder about that "Southern Cooking". So much hate coming out of the south except for sweet ole Alabama. This thread was all about GO COLTS . . .

Um........ the last time I looked, Peyton came from the South, as did Eli. New Orleans to be exact. Just what kind of cooking have you been eating to cause such a mental lapse?

................. I'm really starting to wonder about that "Southern Cooking". So much hate coming out of the south except for sweet ole Alabama. This thread was all about GO COLTS . . .

Um........ the last time I looked, Peyton came from the South, as did Eli. New Orleans to be exact. Just what kind of cooking have you been eating to cause such a mental lapse?

Well hooray at least you got the name right.

The cooking comment was a joke. The last time I looked the Colts were in Indiana.(as of last night. Sorry Baltimore)

GO COLTS!

http://www.peytonmanning18.com/collegestats.html'>

And as far as the fan comment is that for folks that voice their opinions on many things about the players and teams or is it just the ones who turn over cars after a game and act like thugs? I've personally not had one negative thing to say about anyones team and have only had comments about my Colts.

I'm really starting to wonder about that "Southern Cooking"Wink. So much hate coming out of the south except for sweet ole Alabama. This thread was all about GO COLTS.

Lighten up guys I'm not the enemy. Hate Katrina, hate BP, I'm just a dumb Hoosier who enjoys the Colts.

I'm afraid you misunderstood my comment. It might bear reading again. Forgive me for the lack of clarity.

1. I expressed approbation for a SB with two class QBs.

2. I opined that on that day, Brees and Payton (the coach, not Peyton the QB) had more "want to" that day.

Where's the hate in that?

I will, unlike some hard-core fans, acknowledge other teams and players than my own. Not pedantic. Makes for better conversation. I agree with the "experts" who call the Colts #1 preseason. Whether that will translate into going all the way remains to be seen. It's possible, I suppose.

Meanwhile, I'll be rooting for the Saints again.

I'm really starting to wonder about that "Southern Cooking"Wink. So much hate coming out of the south except for sweet ole Alabama. This thread was all about GO COLTS.

I'm afraid you misunderstood my comment. It might bear reading again. Forgive me for the lack of clarity.

1. I expressed approbation for a SB with two class QBs.

2. I opined that on that day, Brees and Payton (the coach, not Peyton the QB) had more "want to" that day.

Where's the hate in that?

I will, unlike some hard-core fans, acknowledge other teams and players than my own. Not pedantic. Makes for better conversation. I agree with the "experts" who call the Colts #1 preseason. Whether that will translate into going all the way remains to be seen. It's possible, I suppose.

Meanwhile, I'll be rooting for the Saints again.

I apologize for that. I did misunderstand.

As far as Colts number 1 in preseason I haven't seen or heard that anywhere. Heck look at the front line this morning. They don't even have Colts making the playoffs. This is a computer generated prediction from all the stats and players from 2009.

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=2010NFL_PlayoffPredictions&Gt1=39002

Also I live in Northern Indiana my entrie family is Bears fans. So I hear plenty and do acknowledge other teams and the good things they do and accomplish. This is Bears country up here.

Saints did good last year hard to deny that. But a team is made up of players and players can bring down teams. Reggie Bush isnt helping the Saints cause.

• Moderators

As far as the Colts being rated #1 they probably should be, looking back they probably won the most games. You can't really count the games the coaches gave away by not playing the better players after already going to the SB.

The Colts lost the SB, although it is the biggest game of the whole season and all other games lead up to it, it's not always a true show of an overall season. How many times have you seen a team make it to the SB on a wing and a prayer only to be crushed by the better overall team that played better all season. A toss of a coin can probably be guessed more accurately than a game or season.

Picking a team rated #1 is tough half way through the season and just a wild guess before the season starts. But they must talk about something, that's why they keep stats about everything including which way the wind was blowing !

As far as the Colts being rated #1 they probably should be, looking back they probably won the most games. You can't really count the games the coaches gave away by not playing the better players after already going to the SB.

The Colts lost the SB, although it is the biggest game of the whole season and all other games lead up to it, it's not always a true show of an overall season. How many times have you seen a team make it to the SB on a wing and a prayer only to be crushed by the better overall team that played better all season. A toss of a coin can probably be guessed more accurately than a game or season.

Picking a team rated #1 is tough half way through the season and just a wild guess before the season starts. But they must talk about something, that's why they keep stats about everything including which way the wind was blowing !

Very well stated sir and thank you.

I wish your team well this year.