Yamaha M45 To buy or to ignore. Opinions please.

oldmako

That seems a little on the high side from what i have seen over the last 6 months or so. Do you know if this model has the auto class A operation option? Some model numbers do and some don't. The models that have the auto class A option are more desirable and in my opinion better built amps because of better components to handle the class A operation. I would consider going 25% higher on price for an amp with the class A option over one that doesn't.

I have been offering a M50 model amp without the class A option locally for as little as $125 for about 3 months and have had no offers. I don't want to ship it because the amps are so heavy the shipping costs are pretty steep. The Yamaha M series amps are very clean and powerful and depending on what you are used to listening too maybe "sterile" sounding because they are so clean with very low THD numbers. I am and have been a proud owner of several M series amps for 20+ years and will not part with a couple that i consider keepers.

Thanks for the reply. It is a Class A, but I still thought that it was a tad on the high side. I am one of the cheapest guys on the site and I really enjoy picking up stuff for next to nothing. But, I didn't think that this fit the bill. My gut told me to avoid so thanks for the affirmation.

I also passed on a pair of KLF30s this week even though they are very high on my want list. The oak cabs were beat. I figure that a 4 foot tall speaker is going to dominate most rooms, so I want a set that looks good. Still holding out for something sweeeeeet.

So, now I've got money for bourbon and cubans. Or Dominicans. What's not to like?

I got to thinking a little after my original reply and if you went to buy one online and had to ship it, i would guess you would be around $175 including the shipping, so there is some advantage to buying locally. You might offer that and see if they take it. Also make sure all the lamps and meters function like they should if you do. The auto class A option is definitely worth a little more from what i have heard in my systems.

Ignore the M-45. Maybe take a look at the link to the M-80 below. Every time I turn mine on I am taken to a sweet land of pleasure. Simply an amazing piece of equipment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370415455860&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

3 days Matt? I've been waiting for 3 days for you to chime in on this one. LOL As soon as I saw this thread, I thought of you.

Always good to see you Brother! I hope you're busy enjoying life!

Dennie

3 days Matt? I've been waiting for 3 days for you to chime in on this one

Hi Dennie!!!

I have not been checking the forum as frequently lately. Things have never been better! Still trudging along. Sure is great to hear from you. Look for a PM and we can catch up.

Matt

3 days Matt? I've been waiting for 3 days for you to chime in on this one

Hi Dennie!!!

I have not been checking the forum as frequently lately. Things have never been better! Still trudging along. Sure is great to hear from you. Look for a PM and we can catch up.

Matt

I will, thanks for the heads up, I never look "up there" to see if anything is in my inbox! But I'll watch for it! Say "Hi" to your Mom for me!

Dennie