Info from people using legends towers for rears

lerajie

I am about to upgrade my KSB 2.1's that I am using for rear surrounds. I am considering KLF-20's and KLF-10's. I know I much prefer the 20's over the tens for main channel duty. However I don't know what kind of difference I will see with them as rears.

I will be using them for both HT and Music duty as rear channels. I can get a pair of Oak 10's for $810 and a pair of oak 20's for $1050.

My current system is:

Denon AVR-4800

Denon DVM-3700

Parasound HCA 1500a

Klipsch KLF-30 mains

Klipsch KLF c-7 center

Klipsch RS-3 surrounds

Klipsch KSB 2.1 rear surround

Klipsch KSW-12 sub to be replaced in a week with SVS 16-46 cs

Adcom speaker selector

Monster interconnects

Monster power conditioner.

------------------

lerajie

i too have the klf-30s & c-7 w/ a 4800 w/ the sep denon power amp driving the 30s. i however have the s6 for both side surrounds & rear surround & the klf-20 as B surrounds (for music only - 5 channel stereo).

it sounds like you're really leaning toward the 20s which I think are going to be much better (even considering the added$) as rear surrounds w/ the 30s. sound great for me w/ the 30s for music only.

& imho the 3-way 20s (or 30s for that matter) would be a better match to bring up the rear for the front 30s.

the ksb - are you keeping them? if so you could put them on as the B surrounds on the sides for music/7 channel stereo. should match up pretty well w/ the klf for this purpose.

regardless, the addition of the rear klf will

make for one great sounding system for music & movies. (jmo)

------------------

live long & prosper