A Couple Chorus II questions

NGLong

Hello all, I'm new to this site and Klipsch in general. I recently aquired some Klipsch speakers for free and have a few questions. I was given two 3.1s that are in perfect condition and two Chorus IIs that are in great shape as well. My questions envolve the year of the Chorus IIs and the receiver I plan to power them with. The back of the Chorus IIs state 1989, but I thought Klipsch didn't start making these until 1990. What gives? Also I've had a Pioneer SX-1050 for years that my mother bought brand new in 1976. Will this receiver have enough guts for the Chorus IIs to produce the quality of sound I'm looking for? Thanks

Thrown away? Man.....so glad you stepped in.

They don't need big power, but power amps give that effortless, bottomless, xtra horsepower sound. It's called 'headroom'.

That Pioneer rated at 120 watts, being from the mid seventies, will do well. If a friend has a bigger amp, ask to borrow it (did I say good friend?) and see how it compares. Until then throw some tunes in!

The back of the Chorus IIs state 1989, but I thought Klipsch didn't start making these until 1990.

Congrats on the Chorus II.[Y]

If you give us the serial number on the back of each speaker we can identify the year and even the day of manufacture.

I could be wrong on the year of 1989, that was just the information that I was given. Upon further inspection, it seems that 1989 is probably just a copyright date. Any way the serial numbers are 010691702 and 01069701.These were in an old building on a peice of property that was being sold.The owner at the time brought in a huge dumpster and was cleaning everything out because of a sale pending. Everything was going in the trash, these speakers, tables, chairs, a huge tv, tools everything.

I have a pair iof Chorus 11 alos ,and run them witha 1250 Pioneer which has power to spare.I have run them witha 950 Pioneer while my 1250 was being servised with notbale diffrence.I have been playing witha 30 amp tube pushing them and cant get past half volume with it.They do not need much pwer to shack the house.Enjoy that set will sound great.

I have a pair of Chorus 11 also ,and run them with a1250 Pioneer which has power to spare.I have run them with 950 Pioneer while my 1250 was being serviced with notable difference.I have been playing with a 30 amp tube pushing them and cant get past half volume with it.They do not need much power to shack the house.Enjoy that set will sound great.

sorry forgot to spell check