Behringer CX2310, KHorns and SVS CS Ultra Set up

After a year of sitting on the SVS I thought I was ready to get it hooked up with recent purchase of CX2310 crossover, now am not so sure. The CX2310 has sub out, all good, but also has High and Mid outputs, as if triamping. Is anyone running that X-over in 2 channel? There is one adjustable crossover point, from mids to highs, if I set it at, say, 80 Hz, should cross everything over that to High output, which I could feed straight to KHorns, with the Sub cutoff at the same 80 Hz to nothing over that would get to sub and just not use the mid outputs at all? I hope that makes sense, when I went in to buy XLR to RCA cables, the owner got flustered trying to figure out a good way even though they sell Behringer equipment.(Granted, they are more sound stage and PA stuff, and don't expect him to be familiar with each piece of equipment they offer.) Suggestions or opinions are all welcome and thanks in advance. Really hoping to get it going this weekend.

I sure hope you get my old Ultra up and running! I've been pounding its brother into submission since I got my UMC-1 with all the music and movies I've been watching/listening to.

I have a male RCA/male XLR cable that's yours for only the price of postage if it'll help you out. Its pretty long, 15+ feet I believe.

One note: When I connected it to my UMC-1 it created an extremely loud hum in my other speakers. No idea why but something may have been damaged inside the cable when I unplugged it from my Marantz and plugged it into the Emotiva. I had been using it by connecting the RCA end to my receiver and XLR end to my Samson amp.

Thanks for the offer, though I already have the cables I should need. Just unsure how to treat the two seperate outputs, Mid and High, when both need to go to the same three way speaker. Lying in bed last night started thinking I could run a split RCA from preamp and have half go to amp for KHorns and other half for input to crossover, just using the Subwoofer output and leaving the Mid and High outputs on crossover blank. Hope to have some time to mess with it this weekend, have a tournament tomorrow so tonight is rigging rods and readying tackle, won't be home till probably 6-7 tmrw night and will be burnt out afterwards I'm sure, Sunday might be the day.

• 3 months later...

And I'm back...only took 3 months lol Life gets busy sometimes.

I've gotten the CX2310 hooked up and not liking what I find. Or my understanding of how it works, at least. I had some good help from forum member kg4guy (Thanks again, Ara) who has same unit hooked up to some LaScalas and a sub, he was nice enough to send me pics of his setup and I matched his, but mine doesn't seem to work.

Hopefully if I explain what I understand to be it's operation... surely someone will see the error of my ways and set me straight.

Freqs 0-"X" the Sub Xover Hz adjustment, all go to the Subwoofer Output. Say it's set at 45. So 0-45 hz go to Sub Output and I can control it's volume by the Subwoofer Gain knob.

From freq "X", in this case 45, up to the Low/High Xover frequency setting "Y", all go to the Low Outputs. Say it's set at 200. So freqs 45-200 hz go to the Low Output and I can control it's volume by the Low Output Gain knob. From 200 on up all go to the High Output and I can control it's volume by the High Output Gain knob.

Using this logic, wouldn't I need to join the Low and High Outputs back to one another in order to not have either a hole from the Low output missing at the mains or the High output missing?

It's not supposed to be this hard.

Took some quick measurements tonight, room is not is any shape for measuring to check room or system response, but should still work for comparative check between the two setups. Obviously have some low end discrepencies between the two systems, the Orange is with sub hooked up and crossed to at 145 hz, the Blue is with only the Klipschorns firing. regardless of what response the two graphs show. I started another graph with the crossover set down to 60 but I didn't see it really changing anything by 80 hz so I skipped it. I am more interested right now in the difference between the two and why my bass seems to disappear when I add a competent sub and a boatload of watts. (Adcom 555 bridged running CS Ultra)

Haven't posted pics for a while, we"ll see what happens.

post-13504-13819619818044_thumb.jpg

post-13504-1381962312294_thumb.jpg