KLF10 with music and movies

zippty2001

i was thinking about getting a set and wanted to know what people thought about them. what is the going rate on them i have looked i have found from 200 800? 800 is a crazy price i know that. how are they with movies with out a sub how are they for music i am running a onkyo 807 right now.

$200? I would be considering that purchase if they function properly and have no real cosmetic flaws.

(Matching sequential serial numbers are a + as well)

These are similar to KG 5.5s in design and spec.....

Their bigger brothers are known for being the best rock speakers Klipsch has made. (one of the best).

However; these are 2 way and the KLF 20s and 30s are 3 way... BIG difference.

If you can get 'em for $200 a good used sub is another ~$200.....

These have nice bass, but many KHorn and Cornwall owners use a sub for HT......

Ultimitely, you need to use your ears to decide.......

I owned KG 5.2s which also are somewhat similar wnd they were capable of room shaking bass; with a detailed; but slighly raw sound.......

They would be your speakers.... Not mine.

Good Luck.

some member mentioned 15 yrs ago to me perhaps, that he loved klf 20s the most and had them as one of his top favourites,period !!! ( amongst the 50 others that he is keeping ) .

klf 10 wudnt be much different

I am sorry QuadK, I totally disagree.

KLF 20s are 3 way speakers and KLF 10s are 2 way.

The KLF 10s are similar in design to the KG 5.2s I had.

The KG 5.2 midrange was lacking definition and the highs were not nearly as clean and crisp as my (3 way) Heresies.

That is why I still have Heresies and the KG 5.2s were sold.

I really doubt they are in the same class as KLF 20s or 30s.

I have the KLF-20's. I like my music and I think I have a good ear, but I am no fancy-smancy audiophile. And these are the best speakers I have ever heard. I haven't had the pleasure of hearing Cornwalls or Khorns so keep that in mind.

From what I've seen the KLF-20's aren't usually that much more $ than the 10's so why not step up to the 20's?

So to give you a better idea.... I love all kinds of rock new and old, I like hip-hop and rap, pop, techno, even some classical and other odds and ends. And these speakers simply rock! They're insane, crazy good. They go as loud as you can stand, and they do it cleanly. The dynamics are awesome, even at lower volumes they sound good. The bass rocks, the detail is good, you hear things you never heard before. I don't ever want new speakers.

And of course they sound great with movies, they're super dynamic and clear and loud. Very movie theater like when you crank 'em.

And I got 'em for $440 off craigslist.

Get them.

I have the KLF-20's. I like my music and I think I have a good ear, but I am no fancy-smancy audiophile. And these are the best speakers I have ever heard. I haven't had the pleasure of hearing Cornwalls or Khorns so keep that in mind. From what I've seen the KLF-20's aren't usually that much more $ than the 10's so why not step up to the 20's? So to give you a better idea.... I love all kinds of rock new and old, I like hip-hop and rap, pop, techno, even some classical and other odds and ends. And these speakers simply rock! They're insane, crazy good. They go as loud as you can stand, and they do it cleanly. The dynamics are awesome, even at lower volumes they sound good. The bass rocks, the detail is good, you hear things you never heard before. I don't ever want new speakers. And of course they sound great with movies, they're super dynamic and clear and loud. Very movie theater like when you crank 'em. And I got 'em for $440 off craigslist. Get them.

Ditto!!!

I am a Legend head so my comments ARE BIASED. I spent hours in front of every Klipsch speaker doing a demo and walked away with the KLF-20's over every other option. I have heard/demo'd Klipschhorns and given the room and corners they are very nice. I simply am not aware of any speaker that I would rather have than the KLF-20 - for the dollar amount they cost me.

The KLF-10 to my ears does not have the depth of the 20's nor are they as efficient to me (for me efficiency is defined as a specific volume setting vs the percieved volume to the ears). Meaning, the 20's will sound louder/cleaner/clearer/crisper than the 10's at the exact same volume seting at least to me. I even preferred them over the 30's as do many diehard Klipsch audiophiles. I cannot imagine a better set of mains for general all around music/movies than a pair of KLF-20's at somewhere around $600 US.

I have the KLF-20's. I like my music and I think I have a good ear, but I am no fancy-smancy audiophile. And these are the best speakers I have ever heard. I haven't had the pleasure of hearing Cornwalls or Khorns so keep that in mind. From what I've seen the KLF-20's aren't usually that much more $ than the 10's so why not step up to the 20's? So to give you a better idea.... I love all kinds of rock new and old, I like hip-hop and rap, pop, techno, even some classical and other odds and ends. And these speakers simply rock! They're insane, crazy good. They go as loud as you can stand, and they do it cleanly. The dynamics are awesome, even at lower volumes they sound good. The bass rocks, the detail is good, you hear things you never heard before. I don't ever want new speakers. And of course they sound great with movies, they're super dynamic and clear and loud. Very movie theater like when you crank 'em. And I got 'em for $440 off craigslist. Get them.

Ditto!!!

I am a Legend head so my comments ARE BIASED. I spent hours in front of every Klipsch speaker doing a demo and walked away with the KLF-20's over every other option. I have heard/demo'd Klipschhorns and given the room and corners they are very nice. I simply am not aware of any speaker that I would rather have than the KLF-20 - for the dollar amount they cost me.

The KLF-10 to my ears does not have the depth of the 20's nor are they as efficient to me (for me efficiency is defined as a specific volume setting vs the percieved volume to the ears). Meaning, the 20's will sound louder/cleaner/clearer/crisper than the 10's at the exact same volume seting at least to me. I even preferred them over the 30's as do many diehard Klipsch audiophiles. I cannot imagine a better set of mains for general all around music/movies than a pair of KLF-20's at somewhere around $600 US.

I've heard that about favoring the KLF-20's over the 30's. I've never heard the 30's. Can you tell me why you preferred the 20's? Just curious.

And I'm a little surprised you prefer the KLF's over the bad boys (Khorn & Cornwalls) because here on the forums they are king.

Hey Fotog -

How is that KLF-C7? I really wanted to get one after I got the mains but that thing is giant! I finally conceded (to myself) that it was just too big to fit into any reasonable tv stand. So I ended up getting a much smaller/cheaper Klipsch center (forget the model) that is more of a normal center speaker size with I think 5.5" drivers and a small horn.

Tim - I very very specifically recall the hours I spent in the listening room (with my CD's of my songs) and the switching and comparing between sets of speakers at a "high end" shop here in town (Stereo Front Row - now out of business). It was clear to me/my ears that the 20's simply sounded louder/cleaner/more efficient than any other set of speakers they had. I have since then had a couple other Klpisch specific store owners tell me the same thing. The 20's were the best of that series bar none. I simply went with my ears.

Hey Fotog - How is that KLF-C7? I really wanted to get one after I got the mains but that thing is giant! I finally conceded (to myself) that it was just too big to fit into any reasonable tv stand. So I ended up getting a much smaller/cheaper Klipsch center (forget the model) that is more of a normal center speaker size with I think 5.5" drivers and a small horn.

Tim - I like the C7 very much - sooo much I bought a second one to use as a lone rear (6.1). I have both rear channels feeding it. It shines as a center ans is simply "filling in" as a rear until I decide what I will upgrade to next. Looking for another pair of 20's but can aford to wait for the right deal.

There are some who think the C7 is one of the best centers Klipsch ever made and some legend heads that think the 20's and C7 make one of the BEST front trios. I agree. [;)][H][Y]

i was thinking about getting a set and wanted to know what people thought about them. what is the going rate on them i have looked i have found from 200 800? 800 is a crazy price i know that. how are they with movies with out a sub how are they for music i am running a onkyo 807 right now.

Not sure from where you are posting - there is a pair of 20's in the DFW/Tx area in the garage section - looks like $500 obo that are family hand me downs. Might be worth a check into?