will it damage my speaker?

chef73

I currently have my crossover set to 80 but sometimes i think 60 sounds better all of my speakers can handle down to 50hz except my center rc-52 wich is rated at 67hz. My question is will it damage my speaker to send it a signal it can not handle.

No it will not damage the speakers, if you think setting your crossover to 60hz sounds better go ahead it will be fine.

What will happen is that some of the lower hz sound that your center might not be capable of playing will be lost when it is sent to that speaker. With a higher crossover setting that lower hz the center would not be capable of would be sent to the subwoofer instead of the center channel. So use whichever sounds best.

What crossover is being used? i.e. is it a recent HT receiver's crossover? My receiver has the ability to set different crossover points for each speaker pair (and the centre channel). Thus, I am able to tailor appropriate and different crossover points for speakers with different capabilities. You may have that capability and not realise it.