Announcing Reference Line Updates!

Amy

As far as Palladium, only the flagship P-39F is assembled in Hope.

I am a bit disappointed that only the P-39F of the Palladium line is assembled in Hope. It's easier to not be disappointed with made in China for the lower level lines such as the Synergy.

But at least Klipsch still does build and/or assemble quite a few models in the USA which is probably something quite a few US speaker comapnies cannot claim (I don't know for sure...). :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

...and neither of which would compare favorably to the Heritage line...those are still produced here, correct?

Yes, Heritage is made in Hope, AR, as is the RF-7 II

...WHEN ARE THE NEW RF7II (IN CHERRY) GOING TO START SHIPPING TO DEALERS? MY DEALER TOLD ME 1ST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER. COULD YOU PLEASE CONFIRM?

I believe they will begin shipping this week. I'm not sure which dealers have ordered what, though.

Has anyone seen/heard the new RF-7II/RC-64II? [^o)] It's September 18th and I haven't seen any posts...

I have them ordered but they havent shipped yet. Supposably they didnt anticipate how many would be ordered and are having a hard time getting them out of the plant. I have been told by the dealer I ordered from that maybe end of the week they will start shipping. So I am trying to patiently sit here and wait for a delivery date.

• Klipsch Employees

The RF-7II improvements are very nice. First is the look. That knife edge cabinet looks great, but there is more than looks there. The new cabinet allows for a more stiff enclosure. The cones look better with the new dust cap, but it also has other value. The old cone could "ring" in the 3k Hz area. The new cone and dust cap is more ridged due to construction. This changes the break up mode and helps to solve the "ring". Most folks never heard this, but for the few that did I am sure they will see the improvement. The new HF driver is a hoss. It allowed the crossover point to be lowered, thus helping with the "ring".

As always, the Hope plant does a prefect job on the cabinets, holding a 98 -99% right the first time tolerance. The craftsmen there are amazing.

The new horn looks great. It uses a "pretty" trim ring to cover the screws and extend the horn length. Again helping with the lower crossover point.

Last but not least is the grill and feet. New look and function.

As for the "UP Grade", at this time we have no plans to offer up grade parts. (we want to sell speakers not parts...and the new parts will not fit into the old cabinets anyway.)

truth is I have not had a chance to listen for any amount of time...the curves and what I have heard is worth the effort.

As always, the Hope plant does a prefect job on the cabinets, holding a 98 -99% right the first time tolerance. The craftsmen there are amazing.

Proof that American workers can and do produce quality second to none. So can you divulge Klipsch off shore percentages?

I do think that Klipsch does keep a pretty close eye on off shore contractors so probably a lot better than many companies.

And the new RF-7 II are stunning in the pictures not that the old weren't but the new just seem to look even better. Improved sonics too.

Proof that American workers can and do produce quality second to none. So can you divulge Klipsch off shore percentages?

I do think that Klipsch does keep a pretty close eye on off shore contractors so probably a lot better than many companies.

And the new RF-7 II are stunning in the pictures not that the old weren't but the new just seem to look even better. Improved sonics too.

Edited original quality. that was supposed to read American workers can produce quality second to none. .... off shore not show

Is my brain dead? My fingers posessed? Or is my computer posessed? It does somewhat randomly delete things, more of a back tab to previous page I think when one rests one's wrist too much on that area of the laptop. Too flimsy. We need to use the external keyboard more at the desk.

• Klipsch Employees

I just don't have the numbers from China. I will say that our team over there are at the plants almost every day of production. Making sure each product is built to our standards. We are there for the first run to set the process and standards then everytime they are built to make sure they are kept.

Just like in Hope, EVERY unit is tested and inspected.

FYI: We are always looking for product that can be built in Hope. More will being coming from Arkansas and I can't wait.

The RF-7II improvements are very nice. ....The old cone could "ring" in the 3k Hz area. The new cone and dust cap is more ridged due to construction. This changes the break up mode and helps to solve the "ring". Most folks never heard this, but for the few that did I am sure they will see the improvement. The new HF driver is a hoss. It allowed the crossover point to be lowered, thus helping with the "ring".

As for the "UP Grade", at this time we have no plans to offer up grade parts. (we want to sell speakers not parts...and the new parts will not fit into the old cabinets anyway.)...

Thanks trey...Now all I can hear is that ring. [:S]