Edit:Using RF-25 for surrounds and RB-61s for surround back?

elementfbl114

EDIT:

Hey guys I had another question. I found someone on CL
selling new rf-25s for 500 and was thinking of using them for rear
surrounds and still use rs-62s for surrounds. Would the rf-25s match the
rf-82s and rc-64? and would they be as good as the rb-61s for rears? Has anyone used tower speakers for rear surrounds? Thanks guys again.

I just recently bought a RC-64 and RF-82s. I have some cheap onkyo surrounds right now, and am planning on replacing them asap (will replace my sub last unless a great deals comes up on CL).

So would rs-62s work well for the surrounds and then get rb-61s for back surrounds? Or would 4 rs-62s be better? Sadly I can't audtion anything and haven't even recieved my rc-64 or rf-82s yet (Just need to wait till the 17th!). And I know many of you guys said the rs-62s may be overkill, especially in a small room, but I eventually want to upgrade to rf-83, and then I wouldn't need to change the surrounds. But if I run across a good deal on the rs-52s, I would likely take them.

Sorry guys, I have another question. It looks like Ill go with the rs series for the surrounds and a directional speaker for the rear.

But what about rf-25 for the rear instead of the rb-61s? i can get them close to the same price right now... Any thoughts to using rf-25s for back surrounds instead of the rb-61s and if the rf-25s would match the rest of my system?

You mentioned that you are putting this in a small room, why the need for the surround back speakers then?

Do you have room for floor standing speakers to be used as your surround backs, with the proper height and location?

If it really is a small room then I would just get the RS-62 for the surround and see if you really need the other speakers.

James

Maybe my room isn't considered small.. Its about 23 feet by 12ish. I currently have mounts about 10 above the ground. I tried my best to get the THX angles correct and placement. I am one of those people where sound quality comes first then how it looks.

But Im going to be buying a house in the next year and want to dedicate one room to a HT room [:D] So Im trying to buy everything now so I dont have to worry about finding money when I am making a mortgage.Thanks for your help!

Let's recommend some Klipsch speakers to go with his Klipsch speakers.

To the original poster: RS-62 as sides and RB-61s as rears sounds great to me. You can always add the sides first and see if you feel the need to add the rear fill speakers.