McIntosh front panel lights

artto

Does anyone know of some kind of LED or EL (electroluminescent) replacement for the front panel lights that constantly keep burning out?

Thanks Sir!

I knew I saw that somewhere before but eBay was ringing my bell and didn't remember who the seller was. That's just what I need.

The company that makes them and sells through Audio Classics is Prelude Audio.

I bought a kit and installed it in my MR-85 tuner and it's working o.k., not great, but o.k. One of the LEDs is too far away from the knob on the right side of the face plate making it not as bright as the rest of the nomenclature.

What it DOES do, however, is matches the brightness overall of all the other units in the rack to more closely match ones that have LEDs from the Mac factory.

ALSO!! My MR-85 had a problem once in a great while where the station/strength display would freak out and start rolling random carachters. There was no way to make it stop unless I turned the unit off and back on. That was until I put in the LED kit from Prelude. It comes with a replacement ribbon cable and THAT must have been the source of the problem.