Shameless self promotion...

mungkiman

Fantastic work, really. I'm not always a fan of raw concrete & glass structures, but this is magnificent. I would love to stand inside and get a sense of the spaces. And that view!

Curious, what is the counter top material in the kitchen & bathrooms?

Why stainless garage doors? That's kuh-raazy.

Fantastic work, really. I'm not always a fan of raw concrete & glass structures, but this is magnificent. I would love to stand inside and get a sense of the spaces. And that view!

Curious, what is the counter top material in the kitchen & bathrooms?

Why stainless garage doors? That's kuh-raazy.

The counter top material is Carrera (Carrara) Marble. In the bathrooms, the wet areas are also Carrera; floor, wall, and ceiling. For those of you that appreciate fine veneers, we had to order something like 33 slip-matched slabs to accomplish the work! While the basement bathroom is a better example of slip-matching, the master bath picture (below) demonstrates it better. In another bathroom, not pictured, the sink is carved from a single block of Carrera, from the neighboring quarry marble!!!

Stainless garage doors = because he could

• Moderators

That's what I was thinking, from the pictures you can somewhat see out the back glass as of you were standing at the front door, bet it looks great at night also with the town lights.

Very nice, and smart looking design.

You and I are so much alike! Here's a project I recently completed. Note the "modern" use of corrugated steel with bold graphics as an architectural element. Much like Wright's Marin County building, this one is not in the meadow, but of the meadow. And getting more so every day.

old_shackA.jpg

That's what I was thinking, from the pictures you can somewhat see out the back glass as of you were standing at the front door, bet it looks great at night also with the town lights.

Very nice, and smart looking design.

One of the best features of the view is the window glass itself. Amiran glass by Schott is non-reflective. Below is a good picture of Amiran glass, between two panes of regular window glass, at the SF Zoo. Typically reserved for network studio booths, and ground floor high-end window displays, etc.; Amiran is definitely a cool product. Even at night, and with the interior house lights on, there is virtually no reflection. Jim Crabbe described his night time view as "like living in a Christmas tree". Great man, too. Absolutely one of the smartest clients I have had the pleasure of building for.

Thanks for your comments. I get a lot of satisfaction from what I do.

One of the houses I built is the "house of the day" in the Wall Street Journal real estate section:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703960004575427662377010000.html?mod=WSJ_hps_sections_realestate

When I click on this link, I see a home in Portland Oregon. Is that the right one? I don't see the picture of the SS garage doors, why I ask.

Edit - oh I see, you added that picture, not from the slideshow.

That is a work of art. You must work with great craftspeople. The design's not bad either! [;)]

Greg

One of the houses I built is the "house of the day" in the Wall Street Journal real estate section:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703960004575427662377010000.html?mod=WSJ_hps_sections_realestate

When I click on this link, I see a home in Portland Oregon. Is that the right one? I don't see the picture of the SS garage doors, why I ask.

Edit - oh I see, you added that picture, not from the slideshow.

That is a work of art. You must work with great craftspeople. The design's not bad either! Wink

Greg

Portland, OR? Yup.

Great craftspeople? Absolutely!

Kudos from you? Priceless...