Velodyne DEQ-12R or Klipsch sub 12?

azimuth

I had a KSW10. Compared to my current sub, the Klipsch sub was not very good.

Perhaps the Sub 12 is much better; I do not know. According to the specs it is.

The Velo is a very decent sub.The integrated EQ will offer additional flexibility; if you have a high end receiver, it may not be necessary.

This is my opinion. I think the Velo offers more for the same money. Others may have a different opinion.

I think the higher end Klipsch subs are really good... The middle subs they offer are very decent for sure. (Lower end; there are much better ways to spend $200, IMHO).

The velo sub is rated as starting to roll off @25hz + -3db. (Down to 14.5 hz).....

The Klipsch Sub is rated down to 24hz.....

They are probably both somewhat similar.....

That's why I suggested listening to them for yourself......

Good Luck.

I have NOT heard either sub and am generally not a big fan of Klipsch subs. That being said, the SUB-12 is the biggest bang for your buck sub Klipsch has made and I've read nothing but favorable reviews on it's performance. Let me waffle one more time and say that in the past there were amp issues, but I think they've been ironed out.

I use a pair of Velodyne DLS-4000R's, which are quite similar to the DEQ-12, and they have been very good. I know they don't have the extension and output of some subs, but they are very good sounding. They don't misbehave, and the remote really is nice -it will spoil you!

I'm very surprised to see from your answer that the velodyne' deq are not so popular. Maybe it means that svs and hsu and the other internet subwoofer company makes excellent products in Usa. Unfortunately Svs subs cost about double in Europe

Very deep extension could be a problem if your house is a flat :)

• 2 weeks later...

IMH(very humble)O the DEQ,DLS series from velodyne are impotent when you want true extension and output down deep. They use drivers capable only of very average displacement. Tuned too high, the build quality is nothing special.

Listen to both and take home the winner.be sure to give other brands a listen just for the heck of it. Buying audio gear is all about listening to it. Opinions help but are no guarantee of a sure fire choice.

Me it is Velo DD series or something else(JL f113,f212)when I seek compact and commercial.