Klipschorn- Before and after 2001

Hi, K-horn owners! I am from Istanbul, long-time Heresy and La Scala owner, thinking to add a pair of long-stored Klipschorns from the authorized dealer to my collection.. It turned out they were produced in 1992. I was hoping they were produced after 2001, or even 2005, having read the modifications made on the network, the cabinet and also squawk and tweeter in these years (see: www.klipschcorner.com/heritage/KlipschornTimeline . Can anybody say anything about how these modifications effect the overall sound? The dealer is asking a lot for these long-stored Khorns, so I am curious if I should wait and see if I can get hold of a pair produced after 2001 or even 2005.

Hi

Apart from the crossover network (I think it was AK 2 or 3) the box is the same. Currently the Khorn has an AK5 crossover but has same mid Atlas driver (could even be a K55m EV in 1992) and the tweet in the current Khorn is a re-worked version of the K77 (EV) made in the Philipines (I Think). The woofer is the same K33 from Eminence. Some say the older versions have a better crossover...depends on what the dealer is asking but on ebay they would probably fetch $2k maybe $2.5k or more if condition is good. I have an AK4 crossover and I think it's great! Mind you I have done some tweaks. Lots of people here build some very fine networks which may help with your choice.

Cheers