La Scala size question...

jrod

Need help with a La Scala size issue, ladies and gents. Would they fit in the back of a Jeep Liberty with the back seat laid flat???

Thanks in advance.

I don't think "they" both would fit at the same time. Maybe if you tie one to the roof! [:o] When I went to pick mine up, I was truly surprised at how big they actually are and how heavy they are.

Here are the specs...

DIMENSIONS 35.5" (90.17cm) x 23.75" (60.33cm) x 24.5" (62.23cm)
WEIGHT

123 lbs. (55.84kg)

By the measurements, they are only slightly larger than cornwalls...When I was younger, i moved my cornwalls in a honda accord (much smaller than the new ones), one in the trunk, one in the back seats. I would think something like that would work with a liberty w/ scalas, if you didn't fold the seats down?

Then again, maybe I am an idiot.

• Moderators

Heck, just slap a pair of wheels on em and tow them home. Don't forget a set of turn signal and brake lights. I think you can rent a pair from U Haul.

Or build yourself a redneck speaker carrier. [:o] Crazy, yes, did it save me from driving a uhaul, yes.

That Jeep has hauled 4 Forte ll's, 2 fortes, 2 Cornwalls lll's, 2 Heresys, 2 MWM bass bins, 2 402/k69 horns, 2 RB75's, 5 Quintet's, and a bunch of inwall speakers.

Other speakers I drove to get for other forum members, 2 split Industrial LaScalas, 2 Forte ll's .

post-11804-13819615910154_thumb.jpg

post-11804-13819620115574_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

You must have had to watch out going over bumps, to make sure your front end didn't pop up!

They weigh about 425 pounds because there were no drivers in them, it did drag a little on some steep driveways.

Don't forget when you lift those puppies, they're are heavy. The key is to put it all in your groin and your back. Take your legs totally out of the equation. Lift with your lower back in a jerking, twisting motion.

You never fail to make me laugh! Thanks. [:D] As a former UPS grunt that really got me.

• Moderators

Don't forget when you lift those puppies, they're are heavy. The key is to put it all in your groin and your back. Take your legs totally out of the equation. Lift with your lower back in a jerking, twisting motion.

You never fail to make me laugh! Thanks. Big Smile As a former UPS grunt that really got me.

I laughed also when I read it, like many of Jacksonbart's, Fini's and a few others post you never know what it's going to be, it's always a surprise. [:D]