Updating Heresy Speakers

KDNoyes

12 hours ago, geoff. said:

...help me out here, wouldn’t the crossover from a 4 ohm woofer be significantly higher to the squawker using the E network designed for an 8 ohm woofer? 

I think it's the other way around.  A 2.5mh inductor is 4 ohms at 250hz, 8 ohms at 500hz, and 11 ohms at 700hz.  I believe the Type E (2.5mh inductor) was designed for an 11 ohm woofer impedance (700hz).

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, RandyH said:

no sweat  , I have 3  woofers that I alternate in my Heresy Speakers   with the E network .......k22EP square magnet , K28-K  4 Ohms Woofer ,   and the K-42 Cast Woofer 

It is about a little bit of sweat. You need to cut a hole and add a port with the K-42 in order to make a Super Heresy to get the bass you lose in order to have "sharper focus" on the midrange. Other wise you are simply moving your fingers on a keyboard and wasting your time.

On 9/17/2010 at 6:54 AM, radiogram said:

Islander:

I totally disagree. Just beacuse a tweeter is a physical Drop In has absolutely no bearing on how it matches with your existing speaker & network. Certainly subjectively one couls find it an improvement, but if subjectivity is the thing, then any one can drop in virtaully ANYTHING that physically fits can claim improvement.

My post was based on objectivity not subjectivity. One could use an equalizer or a tube amp with high output impedence and find the altered response better. The point here is when we say Drop-In it has to have some objective basis and CANNOT be based on subjective impressions. One's subjective opinion is as good as another.

No credible equipment manufacturer blindly builds things on subjective hearing including Klipsch. They may use it to tweak the end result but the foundation is still solid objectivity. Objectively the CT125 is a mismatch with first order networks that have squakers extending up to 6KHz. Just beacause one likes its overlapped sound cannot not in anyway make my analysis wrong.

Your words are NOT a "wrong analysis" it's NO analysis at all. Where are the CURVES???? Without them it's just a worthless opinion. Mismatch of a CT-125? Not according to my curves and listening, it's not.

There is no "objectivity" as you put it without DATA.

Where's yours and everyone else's DATA? All y'all have so far is just an overactive keyboard.

Everyone here who has never created, purchased, or traded for,  a Super Heresy from 40 plus year old Klipsch Boxes and drivers have is just another opinion, like an armchair quarterback. At least go and hear one so you can halfway know WTF you are typing about.

I would certainly cut all y'all some major slack if you had even Heard any variation of a Heresy mod, but not as much respect as I would have with Data to back up your opinion.