auto audio again

merkin

I'm putting speakers in my toe kick panels in my 65 mustang fastback. I bought some aftermark toekicks with a 5 1/4" cut out and that is raised and angled towards the center of the car. I only have clearance for about 2" depth if I top mount the speakers. I have been looking at polk audio Momo's that are a 6 1/2 inche round. The cut out will work bacause all they need are 5 ". The problem is that they need 2 3/8 depth. Is there some kind of spacer ring to fit under the basket that will raise the speaker and decrease the depth needed? Coming into the cabin an extra 1/2 inch is no big deal. Or are there some other premium audio speakers that is round coaxial 5 1/4 to 6 1/2 with less depth that would work without the spacer. I checked alpine and didn't see any. Thanks for any input.

I would think you could use most any hardwood or micarta to make a spacer from. I would recommend the micarta. Sorry, no help with thte speaker selection. It's been WAY too long since I put a system together. My '03 Silverado SS has had the CDs stuck in the changer since my last visit to Cigarbum's mountain retreat more than a year ago. I need to get those out some day.

I bought some made out of mdf from a guy on ebay. You just have to give him the inside and outside dimensions. I fiberglassed mine, they won't last long if they get wet if untreated. Mine have been in a year now with no problems. You could make your own out of a plastic cutting board(hdpe) if you are worried about water.