OT:Widescreen Monitors - Sony & SGI

skaplaya

Well heres my dilemna, I'm preety much dead set on sony, but its such a long term investment for the dough. I want to know, is there a widescreen monitor available? I know the Sony FW900 is like 1900.00 (w/shipping) minimum, but wow, a 24 with 22 viewable widescreen silver tricked out sucker. I'm almost willing to fork it, damn urges. I know sgi makes a 17 inch flat panel widescreen for 1400.00 - cheap for lcd widescreen - hella cheap. But only like 1600x1080 res on the flat panel sucker. I want a good widescreen monitor dangnabbit, I'm sick of dvds being compressed, but should I just get a sony g500 for 800.00, I mean its no fw900 but a 1000.00 usd is a big difference. Anybody here with experience with widescreen on a 21 inch screen, is it better looking? I mean I think 19 inch is good, but not enough for my tastes of dvd. Let me know.

If you're going to spend that much cash buy a LCD projector, Sony makes some (I forget the model number) for about $2200, and you will have an 80 inch screen for movies. (bigger if you room is longer!)

------------------

Caring is the first step toward disappointment.