Storing the pallet jack

greg928gts

I never had a pallet jack before, but after getting a 1800lb table saw, it became an important tool in my shop. But where to store it? My shop is pretty good size, but I've got a lot of stuff in there, and I just couldn't find a convenient place to store the pallet jack where it would not be in the way. So here is my solution.

Greg

post-11090-13819615919378_thumb.jpg

post-11090-13819620122074_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Will my pallet jacks sound similar in the meantime or with other Bass Bins on top of them?

I hate to say it but probably not. [:'(]

Sure you don't want to build some, it's much easier to find plywood than bass bins ? [6]

I didn't think of this until after I raised them up, but I'll be able to easily move the stack out from the wall to clean behind there now.

Also, I think it's better to let a little air under the MWM's, instead of right against the concrete.

Dollar - nope, the pallet jacks will not sound the same without MWM's on top!

Greg

lso, I think it's better to let a little air under the MWM's, instead of right against the concrete.

Won't that weaken the coupling between the bass horns and the floor, and maybe degrade the bass response? That's why the K-horn is supposed to sit right on the floor, so the walls and floor can complete the bass horn design. Supposedly adds another half-octave to the bass range. Maybe that doesn't not apply to MWM's on concrete.

1957g.jpg

Pallet jack? That name makes sense, although I'd always heard them called "pump trucks", as opposed to the usual two-wheeled "hand truck" used to move boxes.

The motorized pallet jacks were called "walkie trucks", because you walk along in front of them, but that may be a trademarked model name.

Yes, your pallet jack looks right at home parked under the MWMs. [Y]

Greg,

Like your singing fish on the wall to the left. Got two of those myself. I bet the guy who came up with that made a fortune.

Yes, great thinking on placement of that jack. I use one of those at work, they are handy.

Oh, and the singing fish, it was funny the first few times you push the button and then it would just get on your nerves. I had one up in my basement, got tired of everyone pushing the button when they walk by. Took the batteries out and tossed them in a box for storage.

They might be worth something one day. LOL

Randy