show us your FORTES / CHORUS speakers

quadklipsh

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is where I have been having nightly shoot outs between my RF-7s and Chorus lls!

%3Ca%20href=Photobucket" mce_src="Photobucket" alt="" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="" height="" align="" />

A great shoot out to see............or hear.Yes

Last night my buddy was over and the RF-7s blew us away! I just got Slash's new CD which is awesome btw! Everyone shoud pick this thing up, lot's of talent on this CD. He brought in different singers for every song and it's a nice mix of music. So we're switching back and forth and on song 3 with Fergie singing, the RF-7s just kicked us in the teeth. So I cranked it way up, like 5 on the HK "with the XPA-2 which is 300+ watts a channel" and the RF-7s were just BREATHING, I don't know if I've ever heard them sound this good. So we started the song over and switched to the Chorus lls and they werent even close. They started sounding shrill, the bass was sloppy, it just sounded like too much was going on. So that's another one for the RF-7s! The Chorus ll wins 85% of these shoot outs so it's pretty exciting when the RF-7 wins one. [:)]

do u mean the chorus 2 , wins 85 % times ????

explain your confusional comments plz ?

Yes, the Chorus ll sounds better than the RF-7s with most music. I would say 85% of the time we prefer the Chorus ll but every now and then the RF-7 shines. I won't ever sell either of them if I can help it! They are both awesome speakers and the RF-7 has been my baby for over 7 years!

Yes, the Chorus ll sounds better than the RF-7s with most music. I would say 85% of the time we prefer the Chorus ll but every now and then the RF-7 shines. I won't ever sell either of them if I can help it! They are both awesome speakers and the RF-7 has been my baby for over 7 years!

thanks man , thats cool . i always gathered the concept which u just presented, that reference speakers arent as musically superior as does any of the heritage oldys get....

So I cranked it way up, like 5 on the HK "with the
XPA-2 which is 300+ watts a channel" and the RF-7s were just BREATHING, I
don't know if I've ever heard them sound this good.

Are the RF-7's bi-amped or are they straight off the XPA-2's? How much of the XPA-2's power have you feed into the RF-7's?

vital...

which of these trounces the other at movies ....????

would u say u needed a subwoofer or not and which of these two needed the sub more ,if there is a need ?

I will demo a movie soon and let you know. I think it will be hard to beat the RF-7 in the home theater realm though.

So I cranked it way up, like 5 on the HK "with the XPA-2 which is 300+ watts a channel" and the RF-7s were just BREATHING, I don't know if I've ever heard them sound this good.

Are the RF-7's bi-amped or are they straight off the XPA-2's? How much of the XPA-2's power have you feed into the RF-7's?

I do not have the RF-7s bi-amped, I have the jumpers still on them. I am going to assume I've fed every ounce of power the XPA-2 has into the RF-7s. I have had the woofer bottom out from either too much power or the XPA-2 clipping lol. I try to ride right along that thresh hold right before it distorts or bottoms out when I'm showing them off. With the right recording and material both the RF-7 and Chorus ll are amazing at super high SPLs. I think I've caused a little hearing loss over the years of owning these speakers. It's like owning a fast car, it's hard to keep your foot out of it!

With the right recording and material both the RF-7 and Chorus ll are amazing at super high SPLs. I think I've caused a little hearing loss over the years of owning these speakers. It's like owning a fast car, it's hard to keep your foot out of it!

Thanks for the input. I know what you mean about hearing loss over the years, I was at the Scorpions concert in Chicago recently with my son and his ears were ringing after the concert and I was thinking that they should have turned up the volume more.

I will need to pick-up Slash's new CD to try on my RF-7's & Forte's.

If you like very low bass I suggest Godsmack Faceless CD. There are a couple tracks that made my Klipsch speakers appear to have a built-in subwoofer.

Here is where I have been having nightly shoot outs between my RF-7s and Chorus lls!

%3Ca%20href=Photobucket" mce_src="Photobucket" alt="" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="" height="" align="" />

A great shoot out to see............or hear.Yes

Last night my buddy was over and the RF-7s blew us away! I just got Slash's new CD which is awesome btw! Everyone shoud pick this thing up, lot's of talent on this CD. He brought in different singers for every song and it's a nice mix of music. So we're switching back and forth and on song 3 with Fergie singing, the RF-7s just kicked us in the teeth. So I cranked it way up, like 5 on the HK "with the XPA-2 which is 300+ watts a channel" and the RF-7s were just BREATHING, I don't know if I've ever heard them sound this good. So we started the song over and switched to the Chorus lls and they werent even close. They started sounding shrill, the bass was sloppy, it just sounded like too much was going on. So that's another one for the RF-7s! The Chorus ll wins 85% of these shoot outs so it's pretty exciting when the RF-7 wins one. Smile

Have you ever switched the speakers as far as positioning and let the Chorus II use the corner as reinforcement? I much prefer my Chorus II's in a corner.

quadklipsh,

From my experience having my Forte IIs close to the side walls increased overall bass output but overall the sound wasn't as good as I have them now. I used to have my speakers only a couple inches from the side walls facing the long way of my basement. I now have them on the longest wall of my basement and they are close to the wall behind them but now the side walls are over 5 feet away on both sides. Every aspect of how they sound has improved. The bass is tighter, the reflection of sound from the side walls is pretty much non-existent so stereo separation and detail of the sound has improved quite a bit. So, I've found that placement of speakers such as these not only affects the bass but also everything else related to their sound output.

does the bass from your chorus get muddy or boomy as you do so ????

isnt it a fact that bass does get boomy and less detailed from corner placement ? even with such neutral speakers

Forte & Chorus I & II series do not sound muddy at all or boomy, corner placement seems to slightly improve low end performance.

does the bass from your chorus get muddy or boomy as you do so ????

isnt it a fact that bass does get boomy and less detailed from corner placement ? even with such neutral speakers

Forte & Chorus I & II series do not sound muddy at all or boomy, corner placement seems to slightly improve low end performance.

It really depends on the room in my experience...though the Chorus I and II series voiced the woofer a bit soft, so corner placement is almost necessary to keep the tonal balance even with the mids.