What does 1200hz crossover frequency mean on the new rf7 2s?

bosng

It means frequencies above 1200Hz go to the tweeter, and frequencies below 1200Hz go to the woofers.

In your receiver, you typically engage the crossover to send frequencies below 80Hz to the subwoofer, and frequencies above 80Hz to your mains. It's basically the same thing, except in the RF7 II's, the 1200Hz crossover is inside the speaker.

I wonder how they would match up with some classic RF-7s since the crossover is different?

I am guessing you could purchase the RF-7IIs with the RC-64II and have them up front with original RF-7s as surrounds. The question would be if you purchased RF-7IIs would they blend well with the RC-7 or would the RC-64II be a seamless soundstage with the older RF-7s up front. [^o)]

That being said, I wonder if there is a crossover "upgrade" package for us owners who helped build the legend of the RF-7s! [:P]

• 2 weeks later...

That being said, I wonder if there is a crossover "upgrade" package for us owners who helped build the legend of the RF-7s! Stick out tongue

There sure is, and the gentleman's name is DeanG. Wink

I have heard nothing but good things about Dean's work, but I wonder how the new RF-7II stack up to his crossovers and if Klipsch will offer what I suggested above....Amy? Trey?

• 2 weeks later...