New Sub's?

inder19

I was talking to a local dealer in canada and was told that "new subs are on the way" whatever that would mean. I have also seen a SW-311 online referred to as the "Flagship Subwoofer" its a 10" 500watt model if you do a google search you can find 2 sites that mention it and one has more detailed specs.

I should be receiving my RF-7II, RC-64II, RS62II package by october (i hope), and wanted to get 1 or 2 subs depending on what klipsch comes out with. I have looked at some other brands and have been impressed but my question is that if the 10" is in fact the flagship model from klipsch am I better off getting 2 of those or something else all together.

this is what i have seen

All new Klipsch flagship subwoofer10” Active/Dual 10” Passive non-resonantWoven Fiberglass driversUpgraded, increased efficiency BASH® Amplifier with DSPcontrolled 500 watts FTC continuous/1200 wattsdynamic powerSimilar specs to the two RT models it replaces in a muchsmaller footprint/more aesthetic designLarge 4-layer Aluminum-Wound voice coil for high outputNew, patented ARC II room correction program with12 active filtersNew universal power input with 1-watt standby modeDCS electronic controlsUSB input for upgrading, viewing ARC II roommeasurements, viewing/editing correction filtersLine output for multiple system subsInput for future wireless capabilityBandwidth: 22Hz to 120HzSensitivity: 106db @ 40HzMax output: 118dB @ 30Hz500 – 1200 wenclosure: Bass Reflexsize: 13” x 13” x 14”

If you are going to throw down serious money for a subwoofer, you are probably better off going with something from HSU, elemental Designs etc. You may even want to look into going with dual subwoofers for the same amount of money from these other brands and will probably be much happier- lower extension below 20hertz and more output. Just my opinion though [:D]

no thnakz i'll stick with klipsch you should wait for the new subs comes out i n october or november. you never know they just might comeout with something that might hit soooo low you'll think twice of going to this brands hsu,elemental designs etc

speaking of subs when are they coming out its three weeks til october

amy there's alot of people wondering about the new sub woofers

no thnakz i'll stick with klipsch you should wait for the new subs comes out i n october or november. you never know they just might comeout with something that might hit soooo low you'll think twice of going to this brands hsu,elemental designs etc

You are joking right? [8-)]

or is it that you just don't know any better?

If it is the latter, you should refrain from making suggestions. Only a handful on this forum can claim to be as insain as I am about their Klipsch, but I would never make such a claim about Klipsch subs.

Roger

Took long enought for the cavalry to arrive, for a second I thought that everyone on the forum was drinking the koolaid like icon fan. I LOVE KLIPSCH, we all know they could design some AMAZING subwoofers if they wanted to, but they simply choose to go with safe, small, middle of the road designs.

Thats what I was thinking. The brochure for the Reference V is now on the RF-7 II page and it has a suggested package with the SW-311. I want to hear this sub. I liked the rt-12d but this doesn't seem to even come close and I would expect the RF-7II to be deeper than the RF-83 with the 10" drivers.

I would definately need 2 of the SW-311 if I went that route so I will have to go give a listen to some others.

My room size poses a bit of an issue for the SW-311,I would think, as its 5000 ft^3. I will mostly watch movies(75%) and some music(10%) and remainder TV/Sports.

Thats what I was thinking. The brochure for the Reference V is now on the RF-7 II page and it has a suggested package with the SW-311. I want to hear this sub. I liked the rt-12d but this doesn't seem to even come close and I would expect the RF-7II to be deeper than the RF-83 with the 10" drivers.

I would definately need 2 of the SW-311 if I went that route so I will have to go give a listen to some others.

My room size poses a bit of an issue for the SW-311,I would think, as its 5000 ft^3. I will mostly watch movies(75%) and some music(10%) and remainder TV/Sports.

That's a large room! Any opportunity for DIY?

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/139522.aspx

I considered DIY but don't have the time. I am still working on DIY Deck and Bar lol. I am also looking to make a DIY pull out rotating component rack which will take a lot of my time.

Also if the sw-311 matches up with the RF-7II very well and works in my room I'm happy. I just want something that will allow me to feel the bass in the room while not being over bearing and boomy.

I considered DIY but don't have the time. I am still working on DIY Deck and Bar lol. I am also looking to make a DIY pull out rotating component rack which will take a lot of my time.

Also if the sw-311 matches up with the RF-7II very well and works in my room I'm happy. I just want something that will allow me to feel the bass in the room while not being over bearing and boomy.

Better subs aren't about being over bearing or boomy, they're about being able to handle dynamic bass tracks, higher power handling, low distortion, and being able to reproduce lower frequencies

Better subs aren't about being over bearing or boomy, they're about being able to handle dynamic bass tracks, higher power handling, low distortion, and being able to reproduce lower frequencies

Exactly. And that was from a Tuba HT owner. I'll wager he has good ultra clean bass.

Exactly. And that was from a Tuba HT owner. I'll wager he has good ultra clean bass.

My other issues is there are not many places to give other brand subs a listen or home demo near me (unless someone knows of a place in vancouver bc).

I have listened to the Martin Logan Descent which I was impressed by but not sold on, I don't know why. It sounded very clean and deep but I was expecting something different.I think it may have had to do with the price point lol.

I want to give the HSU/SVS a listen as I have heard nothing but good things. I have only compared Klipsch with Velodyne so far and it was the rsw-10d and optimum-10. I liked the Velodyne better but with both I felt I may need 2 if it was in home.

I will be in Oregon/California in the next week or so, perhaps I will be able to test out a few more. I am particular to Klipsch form a value point of view as I get a much better deal on them and I have a really good relationship with the manager of the store if I run into any issues.

Let me throw out my personal belief, in regards to speakers- I would audition and hopefully be able to listen to them in my own room before buying. With subwoofers- I would go with what the general consensus is about my room size vs. the speakers I have when trying to match my system with a subwoofer. I had never heard a Tuba HT before I built one, but I sure did do a lot of review reading and comparing my air space with other people. I wouldn't get so caught up with wanting to hear a subwoofer before buying it. I would just do a ton of research on forums to see what others are having success with and go with what matches with your needs. Our ears weren't really made to hear slight nuances in low bass tones, so even slight differences that we do percieve when listening to different subs can sometimes be just based on the environment we are hearing them in. Focus more on the tried and true models on trusted forums (like this one) with plenty of head room to meet your needs. Just my two cents.