My RF-7 has a small dent

Are you sure it wasn't like that when you got it? Perhaps the dealer would arrange for a replacement. If not I doubt the dent will cause any audible problem.

I would not attempt to remove it as the cones on the RF-7's are anodized aluminum and any attempt to remove the dent would be likely to merely aggravate the problem.

If the dent or crease bothers you from the point of view of aesthetics and you are unable to replace it under warranty you can order a replacement directly from Klipsch.

How is that system coming along BTW?

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

Yuck! I feel for you.

I was real worried about my cones when I unpacked my RF-7's. I was so happy to see them undented sitting in my living room once all set up. I'm curious, did you not notice this when they were first unpacked? If you had the grills on, I don't know how your cat could damage the cones.

I would contact your dealer, if this occurred during shipping (or unpacking for that matter), they should replace the driver. I was somewhat surprised with the packing for all my reference speakers. It seems to me that given the sensitivity of the cones, they would be protected a bit better.

I dread the day when my first dent appears on my drivers.

-PB

I am really not worried too much on the aesthetics point of view, as I don't plan to remove the grills. I'm concerned about the effect on the speaker performance. Right now I can't do some testing as my system is unhooked and unplugged. A contractor is making some preparation for the design and construction of a customized entertainment center (made of maple wood) and a built-in DLP projector (at approx. cost <> 26K). I'll post some pictures soon. Thanks.

What sort/brand of DLP projector? You have obviously looked into the projectors, are the DLP's the best, or is a 8 or 9 inch CRT the best? Thanks, my Texas Instruments stock will go up now!

Enjoy!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

My beautiful RF-7s got a dent the first week. Almost killed me. Put the grills back on, and neither they or my living room look as good any more. My RB-3s, which were on a nightstand got a dent too. I'm not sure how either happened (maybe the dog wagged his tail on the RF-7s?). It's a shame, because Klipsch is right when they say that some customers will prefer to have their new Reference series without the grill. The cones really do look great, but given that they dent so very easily, Klipsch may want to stop suggesting that people do that. It doesn't seem to affect the sound, only the aesthetics, which, of course, is the reason someone would choose to show the copper cones.

Otherwise, I love the new RFs, just wish they more dent resistant cones that I could show off!

Speaking of dents I have made a tiny(less then a mm in diameter! LOL)dent on the lower woofer driver.This was done by a stinking AC pluf that was loose when moving my VCR and hit the cone.The sharp edge left a tiny dent I exploded with profanity deluxe and almost changed color to red.

And like lynnm said DO NOT TRY TO REPAIR ANY R SERIES WOOFERS,the result will be more damage and a ruined driver.

ladyklipschfan,

Good to know you will have a new driver,when speakers are unboxed they should be perfect,no dents,scratches.

Quality control should inspect each speaker before it is packed.

Runco projector,hmm even their lowest end are great.

TheEAR(s) Now theears