I think I am a tube nerd

Guest " "

I think I'm a tube nerd. 4 tube testers, 14 tube amps, 2 tube pre amps, a few dozen extra 8417's, kt-88's, 6l6's, 12A*7's, el-34's, 62**'s, etc, couple of variac's, a 300v and 500v tube power supply, 2000va line regulator. Where did all this SH&*%T come from?

I think I'm a tube nerd. 4 tube testers, 14 tube amps, 2 tube pre amps, a few dozen extra 8417's, kt-88's, 6l6's, 12A*7's, el-34's, 62**'s, etc, couple of variac's, a 300v and 500v tube power supply, 2000va line regulator. Where did all this SH&*%T come from?

Once you start breadboarding tube circuits with those power supplies, then you'll know you are...

• Moderators

[:P] I think you blew right past the nerd part, your way beyond that. [8-|]

Well, you are almost a rival for my title, although my amp stock is down at the moment- only a dozen (that will change though with some new prototypes in the early stages)!

• 3 weeks later...

I did some restoration and calibration work on some tube testers this weekend. re-capped, then reclaibrated using a 6l6 calibration tube. before and after readings were off by 5% - 8%.