DIY sub for Klipschorn based HT (and music) - Tuba HT - build done (except for finish)!

psg

I keep the spacer and clamp on when I had the brace to make sure that I don't push the panel out of square pushing in new braces.

This is where I'm at now; sorry, this one is a bit out of focus. I seem to get only one turn done per 2.5-hour session.

post-15702-13819618533826_thumb.jpg

post-15702-1381962213291_thumb.jpg

Thanks. The outside panels should go in a tad quicker since there's no fussy angle to keep. Still, I didn't think it would take this many hours to do right. One evening goes by so quick; it seems I just get started and it's time to pack up. And of course I have to move the THT to a storage room at the end and get it back out the next week, navigating a few tight door frames on the way. You guys with full-equiped shops or garages are lucky! But I'm enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would.

What size did you build and with which driver... also what will you power it with?

And, how does it sound?

Its the Tuba 18 with a Tang Band 8" driver. It's basically an 18" cube. It's being powered by one channel of a Behringer A-500 amp. I built it for music to go with my Lascalas. It's an excersize in efficiency. I've got about 25 wpc on the Lascalas and about 125 watts on the sub. I like what I hear from first impressions. I've just discovered that I'm sitting in a null in my listening position so I'll be moving it around alot in the next few weeks.

Wow, That's beautiful. Wish i would have done that on my Tuba. I am just wondering how an 8" driver would keep up with with the La Scala.

I had reservations myself. My bedroom is roughly 17'x18', give or take. For the listening levels I generally use, it has no problem. You can actually turn it up to where it's too bass heavy. Bear in mind, I'm only running 25 wpc to the Lascalas. It's a pretty clean sounding little sub.