is Chorus II , Lousy, compared to .... Ref ???

quadklipsh

hi there folks,

i just had a listen to the mighty chorus IIs . upon various recorded cds my impression was that the chorus II ,have such big woofers , that they might be taking more time to go back and forth when delivering a beat or a note ....such delays may be causing it to sound less than accurate and it may even be missing out a few notes and details from the given music . the other speakers with dual smalleer sized woofers , like RF82 or 83 , may perform tighter faster and more detailed and less forgiving at reproducing what has been fed to them . does this theory also explain the softness of the heritage series ????plz...looking forward to your replies , before i just sell my rf3s and get the wrong speakers (chorus II) . by the way i really loved their smooth responce and effortlessness at high vols.

quadklipsh,

You've made tons of threads about "should I buy this speaker versus this speaker" and in the end YOU have to make the decision of what you like best. If you go through life asking everyone else's opinions you'll never be satisfied.

I personally liked the sound of my Forte II speakers better than the RF-7s I used to have. That's my ears, my room, my equipment, etc. Everyone else might disagree with that.

It isn't a Reference vs. Heritage thing or a Klipsch vs. JBL thing. Its a what sounds best to ME versus what I can afford and fit in my room thing.

...impression was that the chorus II ,have such big woofers , that they might be taking more time to go back and forth when delivering a beat or a note ....such delays may be causing it to sound less than accurate and it may even be missing out a few notes and details from the given music . the other speakers with dual smalleer sized woofers , like RF82 or 83 , may perform tighter faster and more detailed and less forgiving at reproducing what has been fed to them . does this theory also explain the softness of the heritage series ????plz...looking forward to your replies , before i just sell my rf3s and get the wrong speakers (chorus II) . by the way i really loved their smooth responce and effortlessness at high vols.

The Chorus have that glorious midrange handling the meat of the music, and to me that's the big difference between the reference series and the old three ways. I found my forte ii's less forgiving than some RF82's I was considering, while also being slightly more neutral/natural sounding. Regarding woofer size and transient response, I don't think it really matters what approach is used as long as the end result is low-distortion, dynamic bass. Both the Chorus and RF82/83 have that.

... my impression was that the chorus II ,have such big woofers , that they might be taking more time to go back and forth when delivering a beat or a note ....such delays may be causing it to sound less than accurate and it may even be missing out a few notes and details from the given music . the other speakers with dual smalleer sized woofers ... may perform tighter faster and more detailed and less forgiving at reproducing what has been fed to them . does this theory also explain ...

You are entitled to believe whatever you choose, I guess, but the physics and mathematics of the situation completely contradict your theory.

Greg

I can only comment on what I own and listen to. I have Fortes, Chorus IIs and KG 5.5s. The Chorus IIs in my opinion are better then the Fortes by a very noticable difference. FULLER sound all the way around. Spec wise the Fortes go lower but by my ears I can not hear it. The Kg 5.5 are my least favorite and listed on Craigslist at the present moment. This is MHO!

wuzzer......

lolz....

I like the temper control u show....but I really ask too much on the forum. tonnes of stuff gets repeated. sorry. but I just wana appologise that the guy was saying all this which I mentioned. and he said he owned klipschorns n lascalas too. so he favoured stupid speakers like polk audio. and then he also added that he n his friends rejected the idea of replaceing chorus with polk. thought id throw his words through my post and see what u had to say.....

capzark.......cool. !!!

also he said that u cant enjoy klipsch for loud music , it brings hisssing sound .gets trebly , or harsh and you cant turn the volume up as much as you can with other brands especially polk ......well i felt a sudden rush of anger across me ,as i could see why hes saying so . he had been using an onkyo dts amp of early 2009 release . and i felt that dts amps of this calibre can sound pretty crap,and distorted,when paired with 101dB speakers. and turned to go loud........anyways......to cut short, I loved those big speakers,but hated the match (onkyo amp with chorus).....

any comments?

Umm , if you were to get the Chorus II's hooked up to your Quad amp/pre combo I don't think you would ever look back . Never heard the 303 but I've owned a 606 for 17 years . I've powered Heresy's , Belles and in one moment of insanity KG 1.2's . Quad power is a beast with Klipsch Heritage .