anything wrong with AVR 120?

matthew2

I'm planning to start a HT setup soon. I'm looking at recievers in the price range of the AVR 120 and 220. ($700-$900 CDN) I am sure that it will have enough to power RF3's, but I like music loud. Will the 40 rated watts do it? Is it worth it to move up o the avr220?

Is it bad when the 2ch power rating is 10Watts more per channel then with all ch.driven?

-----

What else would anyone recomend in the same class from Denon? Pioneer?(not sure about that one) or Onkyo?

Thanks for any info

------------------

Matthew

Klipsch Rocks

This is only one person's opinion: keep shopping. The reason the power rating goes down on multi-channel on the AVR 120 is that the power supply is insufficient for multi-channel music/movies. Klipsch speakers are efficient, but benefit immensely from clean power.

If you're looking for a well-built receiver with clean power, I'm partial to Marantz. Marantz receivers and amps have a warm sound that mates well with Klipsch speakers, in my opinion. Thats not to say that there aren't other excellent products out there.

Check these out on Ebay. If you're careful on Ebay you can find some reasonably good deals on used/demo equipment, some with manufacturers warantees still in effect. You might be able to buy more for your dollar this way, and get something you'll be happy with for a long time.

------------------

Mike - Livonia, MI

Klipsch RF-3 L/R

Klipsch RC-3 Center

Klipsch RB-5 rears

HSU Research VF-2 Sub

Marantz SR-19EX receiver

Marantz MM-9000 Amp

NAD T550 DVD

Adcom GCD 700 CD

This message has been edited by whell on 04-07-2002 at 10:13 PM