Found a pair of used RF7's for sale

Cfaille

I bought mine in 2006 brand new......sold them 6 months ago for $1100.00 in very good-excellent condition. That seemed to be a fair price at the time.

They still ARE in very good-excellent condition! I still feel lucky to have found a pair, and enjoy them every day. Thanks man! [Y]

CFaille, in really good shape I'd throw out $1000-1100. It may take him some time to realize he's asking high.

I bought mine in 2006 brand new......sold them 6 months ago for $1100.00 in very good-excellent condition. That seemed to be a fair price at the time.

They still ARE in very good-excellent condition! I still feel lucky to have found a pair, and enjoy them every day. Thanks man! Yes

CFaille, in really good shape I'd throw out $1000-1100. It may take him some time to realize he's asking high.

I will give a second opinion of if they are in really good condition I would go as high as $1500 and could fathom the dude getting $1700 from someone who has heard them. [;)]

Thanks for the input everyone. I just emailed him back and told him that I talked with some members on the Klipsch Forums, and that a fair price is anywhere from $900 to $1,200. We'll see how he reacts to this price range instead of the $1,700. I have a feeling he's going to think I'm lowballing him with a bad offer. I also told him that the price range is reasonable because the new RF7 IIs are out and his speakers are 4 years old now. Hopefully it didn't offend him :)

I just emailed him back and told him that I talked with some members on the Klipsch Forums, and that a fair price is anywhere from $900 to $1,200.

No matter how he reacts, you are being very honest with him. Hopefully it'll work out for you. They are great speakers. If you both can't agree on a price, tell him your top offer and ask that he keep your contact info handy. After a while he may call on you.

Remember, this isn't a 'now or never' situation. You will have other opportunities to purchase used Klipsch. Be patient and keep watching Craigslist, Ebay, garage sales, etc.

I dont know where you live but here is a really nice black pair of RF-7s on Audiogon in Folsom, California for $800. If they were in Houston I would buy them right now! My friend and I need a pair so we can split it and both have an RF-7 center. ; )

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1290052164&/Klipsch-RF-7-speakers

WTF is more like it, they can be bought new from Klipsch with free delivery for less!

Roger

Nope. You are thinking about the RF-7 Classic and they are no longer available...The RF-7II is $3200USD : http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/rf-7-ii-overview/

Nope! I was thinking at $3,200 for the RF-7II, that is with free delivery! If my math is still up to date, $1,700 times two is $3,400, or more then new plus shipping I would suspect, and again I say WTF?

Roger