Must have product

jason str

I do want to know if they have been reported as cooking, cleaning, making pizza and fetching the ocassional brewski's also..... [6]

Sunday, September 19, 2010
Matt from Washington State

I needed some new receptacles for my shop and even though the title does say "Audio Grade", I thought I would give them a try. I only needed two but being a savy guy I ordered four and saved about $30 (suckers).

I had just got some MDF to make new speakers, but wanted to get the Wattgates installed first so I stacked the MDF on the floor. I got the Wattgates installed but it took quite a bit longer than I was hoping as I didn't want to scratch the gold plating and compromise the cryogenic process. I didn't get finished until 2:00 am and I was really worn out so I went to bed. I was so anxious to use the new Wattgates that I could only manage two hours of sleep. I woke up for good at 4:30 and headed out to the shop.

To my utter amazement, there stood two completely finished Statement Monitor speakers plus a matching center that I wasn't even planning on building. The exteriors were bird's eye maple with Bubinga baffles and a twelve step hand rubbed laquer finish. My shop was locked and I am the only person with a key. The only conclusion I could come to was that this was the work of the Wattgate 381. Amazingly, it was also able to get the Dayton RS180-4 drivers that are on backorder at PE. Plus, I don't even own a router so I have no idea how it was able to get everything so flush - but at this point I really don't care!

I am now a believer! If you want an outlet that will build your speakers for you, order a Wattgate 381. It is the best $600 I've ever spent.

Matt

PS-Since the speakers, the Wattgates have also finished my sons cabinet drawers, carved an oversized statue of Chuck Norris for our front yard and built a prize winning pinewood derby car for my son. All without me having to lift a finger. I, no we, are going to be starting on some napkin rings next. The possibilities are endless!

PSS-I also want to add that I didn't have any of the issues with a man named Horace Pinker as reported by Jonathan Parker further down.

One! Jason come on. Everybody needs at least 4. Can just about buy a nice SACD or 180 gram LP with the money saved by buying 4 at a time.

Did they first post this product on April 1st? Anybody remember Audio Magazine's Lirpa Labs?

I do want to know if they have been reported as cooking, cleaning, making pizza and fetching the ocassional brewski's also..... Devil

I think they adapt to their owner / enviroment. In your case they would restore Klipschorns you saved from the 'glades from a pile of worm eaten rubble to better than new. Probably no only fetching your brewski but build your own micro brewery. Groom Lake Lager. On tap.

Don't forget:

WattGate™ Silver Audiophile Electrical Connectors

See attached PDF or click for P-E WattGate page. I'm off to add some WattGate™ Silver Audiophile Electrical Connectors to my order. Dang. No audio grade ferrite cores.

Parts_Express_Wattgate_Catalog_Page_2010-09-21.pdf

Parts_Express_Wattgate_Catalog_Page_2010-09-21.pdf